professor, doctor of Technical Science is a founder of the Marine Engineering Bureau (1966 - 2021).
- Fellow of Royal Institution of Naval Architects (FRINA).
- Member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME).
- Member of the International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress (ISSC) for more than 20 years.
- Presidium Member of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping.
- Presidium Member of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Russian River Register.
- Member of the Scientific and Technical Council of the Shipping Register of Ukraine.
- Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine.
- Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Shipbuilding of Ukraine.
- Member of the Expert Council of the Ukraine State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles.
G. Egorov was born in 1966 in Odesa.
He graduated with honors from school No.4 in 1982. In 1988 he graduated with honors from the Odesa Institute of Marine Engineers (OIIMF) with the specialty "Shipbuilding and ship repair". In 1992 he completed his postgraduate studies at the Department of Structural Mechanics of the Ship of the OIIMF.
From 1993 to 1995 he was used at the OIIMF as a chief researcher and a lecturer at the Department of Structural Mechanics of the Ship of the OIIMF.
In 1993 he defended his PhD thesis "Development of methods for strength solutions optimization during the operation of ships."
In 1995 G. Egorov founded the Marine Engineering Bureau in Odesa, and a similar company in St. Petersburg in the March, 2000; he headed both bureaus until the last moment of his life.
In 2005 G. Egorov defended doctoral dissertation "Methodology for ensuring the reliability and safety of the hull of limited navigation areas vessel".
Since 2008 he became a professor of the Department of Theory and Design of Vessels of the National University of Shipbuilding (Nikolaev).
He has got various awards, including the badge "For Merits" of the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping, the badge "Honorary Member of the Russian River Register", the badge "Honorary Member of the Register of Shipping of Ukraine".
In 2011 the Marine Engineering Bureau was awarded by State Prize for the creation of a new generation of multipurpose transport vessels and ocean crafts.
G. Egorov has prepared, written and published personally and in co-authorship more than 1000 scientific works, including 6 monographs, e.g. "Experience in the construction of ships using elements of the existent vessels" (co-authorship), "Design and construction of coasters and river-sea vessels", "Creation of universal transport vessels and ocean crafts" (co-authorship),"Design of limited navigation areas vessels basing on the risk theory", "Liberty" means freedom" and many others.
He held a huge number of lectures, lessons and webinars on topical issues of shipping and shipbuilding.
In 2020 he actively participated in the very complicated operation for lifting and utilization of the sunk tanker "Delfi" that was polluting the Odesa coast (bureau has provided design engineering support of the operation).
Under the leadership of G. Egorov, the bureau has pass a long way from a small company dealing only with calculated vessel's hull tasks and scientific researches ordered by Classification Societies till organization that performs almost the entire range of engineering works for shipping and shipbuilding.
G. Egorov has passed away during working trip on 30.05.2021 at the age of 55.