Salvage vessel "Spasatel Zaborschikov" and diving vessel "Rostov Velikiy" tried oil spill response actions
According to information of the Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot, on 30.03.2016 a joint emergency oil spill response (OSR) exercise took part at the area of the seaport of Vladivostok. Exercise participants were as follows: Primorskiy Branch of FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot", OJSE "Franco Trading", OJSE "EM Shipping", OJSE "Vladivistok Trading Company", OJSE "TRANSNEFT", OJSE "MESOS".
The multifunction 4 MWt salvage MPSV07 vessels "Spasatel Zaborschikov" and multifunction SDS08 marine diving vessel "Rostov Velikiy" took part in this exercise.
Work of forces and technical means was carried out at strong hydrometeorological conditions; visibility was worse than 1 cable.
Aims of the exercise:
1. Tryout of actions of forces and technical means, control boards of exercise participants in the seaport of Vladivostok during oil spill response.
2. Training of staff of exercise participants in a way of collaborative actions for localization and collecting the oil spill.
3. Enhancement skills for oil booms arrangement and collecting of oil spill.
4. Tryout of firefighting of burning oil at the seaport area.
5. Checking of the adequacy of forces and facilities for oil spill response in accordance with OSR Plans of participated commercial companies.
4 MWt salvage MPSV07 vessels "Spasatel Zaborschikov", SDS08 diving vessel "Rostov Velikiy", marine tugboat "Lazurit", marine salvage vessel "Irbis", port roads diving vessel "VDR-1097", booms craft "Artic-850" and mobile marine salvage team with special equipment took part in the exercise from the side of Primorskiy Branch of FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot".
Exercise was effected successfully, all aims were worked out, set tasks were fulfilled.
"Spasatel Zaborschikov" is a unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built in 2013 by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of "State Marine Emergency Salvage, Rescue and Pollution Prevention Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" (FBE SMPCSA). Four vessels of the series are the biggest and the most significant vessels nowadays built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years.
Vessel's project was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction Arctic salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
MPSV07 vessels have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Marine Way. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Marine Way" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built due to Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the vessel of MPSV07 project are as follows:
Length overall is about 73.00 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 64.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 16.60 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is 15.50 m;
Design draught is 4.50 m;
Working draughts are 4.2-5.1 m.
The MPSV07 hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in experimental pools (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-circle rudder propellers were adopted as the movement and manoeuvre facilities of vessels "Spasatel Karev" and "Spasatel Kavdeykin". Propellers with diameter of 2600 mm were made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by the propeller motor with capacity of 2265 kW. Rudder propellers provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 knots and bollard pull of about 75 tons.
The maximum speed during trials achieved by vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" was 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the vessel of MPSV07 project is designed for ice class Arc 5, also the possibility of vessel operation at temperatures down to minus 40°C is provided.
Fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in the area of ER. Tank capacity provides autonomy of the vessel for about 20 days in the mode of rescue and patrol duty.
Main diesel-electric power station consists of 4 diesel generators of alternate current of 690 V, 50 Hz with electric capacity of 1370 kW each.
The crew consists of 20 people; each of them is accommodated in a single cabin. For the captain, chief mate, chief engineer and head of the emergency party are provided block-cabins, consisting of office, saloon, bedroom and bathroom.
12 single cabins, each of them has an additional folding bed are provided for special crew accommodation (emergency party, divers and support personal for diving equipment, etc.). Also, there are 2 standby double cabins.
The accommodation of rescued people is foreseen in mess-rooms and also in additional beds at crew cabins. Also, there is 6-place hospital.
The total number men onboard is foreseen by 101. Individual and collective life-saving appliances are provided with a 50% reserve.
Roll damping system of Hoppe Company is foreseen for improving habitability parameters.
High-speed rescue boat with a capacity of 17 people, which is capable to develop speed up to 25 kn is provided for operative emergency party delivery to a emergency vessel. This boat operation is available till the 6 force seas. The boat is equipped with a hook of fast delivered type for engaging with the vessel crane. High-speed boat can perform hydrographic, surveying and search works apart from emergency team delivery. The boat is equipped with hydrographic sonar and side-scan sonar for this purpose.
The equipment provided for the mass people collecting from the water on the vessels of MPSV07 project is as follows:
• duty boat, equipped with the net for rising people out of the water;
• Viking life raft of marine evacuation system (MES) for the people collecting and the subsequent displacement people on board by the slide of MES;
• salvage facility for rising people out of the water on board with a capacity of 12 lying and sitting people;
• net with the length of 7 meters for rising people out of the water on board of Dacon Rigid Scrambling Net type (on each side of the vessel);
• stretchers for rising people out of the water on board of Spenser floating stretcher type.
For emergency evacuation, as well as for the delivery on board of additional personal (medical team, emergency party, etc.), two sites in the fore and aft ends are foreseen for the receiving / transferring cargoes on (from) helicopter. For rising people on the helicopter the special seating slings and stretchers are foreseen in the supply of the vessel.
Towage of emergency vessels, and also fulfillment marine towage of vessels is assumed by automatic double drum towing winch with a pull of 75 tons on the lower drum and 50 m on the upper drum. Moreover, the 75 t towing hook of disk-type with the remote electro / hydraulic release is foreseen. An auxiliary 10 t winch is provided for tightening of tow wire.
Loading containers with equipment and supplies on the vessel, transferring of ebb facilities for an emergency boat and fulfillment of other loading operations is ensured by two electro cargo overhung cranes with a lifting capacity of 20 tons and outreach of 15 m in the aft end of the main deck from the right and left sides. Truck cranes are capable for working at full lifting capacity in conditions of the open sea with the waves of up to force 3.
Vessels of MPSV07 project are equipped with special water extinguishing systems, foam extinguishing and powder extinguishing, providing the possibility of emergency firefighting on vessels and shore facilities, accessible for approaching from the sea. Water or foam supply to the emergency object carries out through three hydraulic monitors with feeding of 1000 cub.m/h and length of the jet of 120 m set two on wheelhouse top and one on the top of the mast.
2 pumps with capacity of 1500 cub.m/h each are set to supply water to a special fire system with a drive from the main diesel generators. The water curtains system is foreseen to protect the vessel against effect of burning object.
The set of water discharging units are foreseen for pumping water from flooded compartments of emergency objects; the set includes as follows:
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 405 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible explosion-proof pumps with capacity of 103 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 70 cub.m/h each;
• 2 portable ejectors with capacity of 69 cub.m/h each.
Diving systems are installed in container on vessels of the MPSV07 project, ensuring the fulfillment of works at depths up to 60 meters. The facility is located in two 20-foot containers installed on the main deck of the vessel. Divers' descent is fulfilled with help of diver ladder from vessel's deck when there is no ice. At ice conditions divers' descent is fulfilled through diving well in the middle part of the vessel. Facilities for underwater welding and cutting metal (electric welding, oxy-electric cutting), as well as a set of diving hydraulic tools of Stanley type are foreseen in diving equipment.
The system of dynamic positioning is foreseen for ensuring the keeping the vessel at the place during the diving operations, as well as during the working near drilling platforms. Vessel's keeping is provided with full-circle rudder propellers and two bow thrusters with capacity of 995 kW each. Bow thruster's propeller diameter is of 2000 mm.
The positioning of the vessel is provided by three DGPS systems, by two sonar systems and the system of "stretched rope". Stable keeping of the vessel at the place is possible till seas of force 4, the wind speed of 10 m/s and current speed of 3 kn.
Oil spills response is one of the main functions of MPSV07 project vessels. There are six tanks for oil collection with total capacity of 668 cub.m, and also the following equipment:
• board oil gathering system of LSC-5C/2800 type of LAMOR firm, ensuring cleaning of waters with waves of up to 3 meters;
• reel with heavy oil-protected booms with length of 250 m;
• reel with booms of constant floating with length of 250 m;
• brush type skimmer.
Diesel-hydraulic aggregate is provided for drive of the equipment of OSR.
Also 2 boom-handling boats with hinged bow ramp are located on the deck.
Remotely operated uninhabited deep-sea device Sperre SUB Fighter 7500 is provided in order to provide underwater search works except the diving equipment, and also a towed side-scan sonar of 4200 SP type, used at depths of up to 1000 m with an electro winch for cable-rope with length of about 3000 m is provided.
SDS08 MDV "Rostov Velikiy" was built at Yaroslavl Shipyard in 2011 due to order of FSUE "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation.
SDS08 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
SDS08 marine diving vessel has Ice 2 class, inclined stem and transom aft end, long forecastle, deckhouse located fore. Vessel also has engine room located aft, diesel main engines, two controllable-pitch propellers and bow thruster. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is 38.35 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 36.35 m;
Breadth overall is about 7,92 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is 7.70 m;
Design draught is 2.35 m;
Full speed is 12 kn.;
Economical speed is 8 kn.;
Main engines capacity is 2 x 442 kW;
Autonomy is 5 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is KM Ice 2 R2 AUT3-C OMBO SDS>100.
Project considerably differs from existing similar vessels:
1. Diving equipment, mounted on vessel, allows carrying out diving and underwater works on depth till 100 m. There are no analogues of such equipment at existing vessels that are operated by State Maritime Salvage Department of RF.
2. Vessel can carry out fire extinguishing on other vessels and floating objects using two mechanical-foam stream nozzles.
3. Vessel is equipped by tug winch that allows carrying out tugging functions.
4. Vessel will provide oil spill response functions if boom and skimmer are placed onboard.
5. Vessel's characteristics and special equipment provide carrying out of diving salvage operations during sea state up to 3, and vessel can sail to the salvage place while waves' height is 7 m.
6. Two main high-speed engines with capacity of 442 kW each provide required vessel's running qualities, work to the variable-pitch propellers. Bow thruster with capacity of 120 kW is mounted for vessel's keeping at place of operational works.
7. Up-to-date remote-controlled underwater apparatus allow inspection of a sea-bottom, underwater part of ships' hull and rudder propellers of vessels, underwater part of waterside structures on depth till 100 m.
8. Equipment for underwater welding on depth till 25 m and underwater cutting on depth till 100 m is used for salvage operations, repair of underwater part of vessels, repair of hydraulic structures, carrying out of rescue operations. In addition, cargo lifting equipment allows lifting objects of weight till 2.0 t from depth till 100 m.
9. Vessel carries out water pumping from wrecking vessel's compartments and also pontoon air blow during participation in re-floating.
Diving equipment consists of:
• pressure chamber for 4 divers;
• diving half-cone with launching gauge;
• diving equipment with SUPERLITE helmet and DESCO ventilate helmet;
• diving equipment of universal "dry" type;
• divers' water-heater equipment;
• communication equipment;
• underwater illumination equipment;
• underwater television equipment;
• underwater welding/cutting equipment;
• hydraulic tools;
• pumping equipment;
• soil water-cut equipment;
• remote-controlled underwater apparatus;
• diving ladder.
Thereby, unique combination of equipment mounted on vessel, and also high-powered power plant allows carrying out almost any specialized works related to diving-technical works on depth till 100 m. In addition vessel can carry out fire extinguishing on other vessels using two mechanical-foam stream nozzles with capacity of 180 cub.m. per hour and carry out tug functions (ground-mooring-tug winch with force of 7 tons is mounted aft), pump water out from compartment of wrecking vessel, participate into oil spill operations. Such combination of functions is unique for vessel with length of 38 m only.
The keel of the lead MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" (building No. is 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and accepted for operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of the second vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and accepted for operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of the third vessel "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and accepted for operation on 17.12.2013.
The keel of the fourth vessel "Spasatel Demidov" (building No. is 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She was launched on 12.08.14 and accepted for operation on 04.12.2015.
Keel of the lead SDS08 vessel "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" (building No. is 201) was laid down on 28.08.2009. Vessel was launched on 12.08.2010 and accepted for operation on 25.10.2010.
Keel of the second vessel "Rostov Velikiy" (building No. is 202) was laid down on 09.03.2010. She was launched on 21.04.2011 and accepted for operation on 30.05.2011.
Keel of the third vessel "Uglich" (building No. is 203) was laid down on 16.03.2010. She was launched on 24.05.2011 and accepted for operation on 07.08.2011.
Keel of the fourth vessel "Rybinsk" (building No. is 204) was laid down on 09.08.2011. She was launched on 19.06.2012 and accepted for operation on 15.08.2012.