MPSV07 multifunction 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" carries out ice conveyance to the port of Vanino
Due to information of Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot, Arctic MPSV07 multifunction 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" carries out ice conveyance to the port of Vanino and at port's roads since 01.02.2016.
Agreement between FBE Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot and FSUE Rosmorport commenced on 01.02.2016; it foresees rendering paid service concerning providing vessels conveyance to the port of Vanino and at port's roads by the help of MPSV07 "Spasatel Kavdeykin".
"Spasatel Kavdeykin" provided conveyance for 45 vessels from 01st till 29th of February:
• 06.02: 3 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Cemtex Wisdom", mv "My Angel", mv "Sea Diamond";
• 07.02: 3 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Smolensk", mv "Sea Arrirang", mv "S.Success";
• 08.02: 4 vessels were convoyed on 08.02: mv "GNS Hope", mv "Asian Triumph", mv "MY ANGEL", mv "SUN PRIME"
• 09.02: 3 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Pandar", mv "JIN HAI XI", mv "Portman";
• 10.02: 1 vessel was convoyed, namely mv "JIN HAI XI";
• 11.02: 5 vessels were convoyed, namely "GNS Hope", mv "Shi Dai 11", mv "Wan Li", mv "Star Wenzhou", mv "Western Stavanger";
• 14.02: 1 vessel was convoyed, namely mv "Western Stavanger";
• 16.02: 5 vessels were convoyed, namely "Da Pin Yi Hao", mv "Dong Hong Hang 3", mv " Berezovneft", mv "ADA", mv "Majesty";
• 17.02: 5 vessels were convoyed, namely "Portman", mv Sea Lady", mv "Pandar", mv " Gloria Hayne , mv "Shi Dai 9";
• 18.02: 1 vessel was convoyed, namely mv "Agia Irine";
• 19.02: 3 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Ocean Master", mv "Agia Irine", mv "Jin Hai Xi";
• 20.02: 1 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Hai Ji";
• 23.02: 2 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Jin Jin", mv "Merganser";
• 24.02: 1 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Western Stavanger";
• 28.02: 1 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "Fenghai";
• 29.02: 2 vessels were convoyed, namely mv "DD Vogue".
MPSV07 Arctic 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" from Sakhalin Branch of FBE Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot was forwarded to the marine port of Vanino for providing salvage duty on 07.01.2016.
"Spasatel Kavdeykin" is a unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of "State Marine Emergency Salvage, Rescue and Pollution Prevention Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" (FBE SMPCSA).
Multifunction Arctic salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
MPSV07 vessels have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Marine Way. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Marine Way" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built due to Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the vessel of MPSV07 project are as follows:
Length overall is about 73.00 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 64.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 16.60 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is 15.50 m;
Design draught is 4.50 m;
Working draughts are 4.2-5.1 m.
The MPSV07 hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in experimental pools (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-circle rudder propellers were adopted as the movement and manoeuvre facilities of vessels "Spasatel Zaborschikov". Propellers with diameter of 2600 mm were made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by the propeller motor with capacity of 2265 kW. Rudder propellers provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 knots and bollard pull of about 75 tons.
The maximum speed achieved during trials was of 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the vessel of MPSV07 project is designed for ice class Arc 5, also the possibility of vessel operation at temperatures down to minus 40°C is provided.
It must be noted that ice trials of the lead MPSV07 multifunction 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" has been carried out in Gulf of Finland in 2013.
The following items were tested during the trials:
• through ice running at the forward speed;
• through ice running at the back speed while moving in own canal;
• ability of vessel's turning by execution turning circle manoeuvre through plane ice during forward movement;
• through ice running at the forward speed through cohesive single-year ice.
Due to the tests' results it was accepted the vessel fully confirms to the Rules' Arc 5 requirements, such as design ice-passing requirements for cohesive plane ice, as follows:
• vessel has speed of 3.5 kn during forward movement through cohesive plane ice of 45-50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 3.2 kn during back movement through own canal at 40% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 9.1 kn during forward movement through cohesive single-year ice of about 50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors.
Turning circle manoeuvre was carried out in order to test ability of vessel's turning through plane ice. The manoeuvre was fulfilled at 70% capacity of propulsion motors while ice was of cohesive plane type with thickness of about 45 cm. Rudder angle during the manoeuvre was of 15 degr., manoeuvre's diameter was about 450 m.
Overcoming of ice fields' junction during movement through cohesive single-year ice was fulfilled without speed decreasing.
Source of the photographs is site of Administration of Marine ports of Okhotsk Sea and Tatar Straits.