MPSV06 prj. is recognized as the best innovative solution in the field of transport engineering at the Forum "Transport of Russia-2015"
Project of 7 MW multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage ice-breaker vessel with Icebreaker 6 class is recognized as the best innovative solution in the field of transport engineering in the competition "Motion Formula" among transport industry enterprises for usage of innovative technologies. The results of the competition were announced on 04.12.2015 at the IX International Forum "Transport of Russia-2015". MPSV06 vessels "Beringov Proliv" and "Murman" were built at "Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH" (Wismar, Germany) for FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot".
FSE "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency (RosMorRechFlot) of RF Ministry of Transport is a Customer.
Technical project MPSV06 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau. Plan Approval Documentation (class project) for the vessel was issued by engineering center of "Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH".
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage ice-breaker vessel has Icebreaker 6 class and unrestricted area of navigation; she has ice-breaker stem and cruiser aft end, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. There are also has diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part of hull, two Azipod units and bow thrusters. Vessel's main particulars are as follows:
Length overall is about 87.75 m;
Breadth overall is about 19.10 m;
Breadth is 18.50 m;
Depth is 9.00 m;
Draught is 6.52 m;
Full speed is 15 kn;
Crew consists of 22 seamen including 2 medics;
Special personal includes 12 people;
Autonomy is 30 days.
RS class notation is KM Icebreaker 6 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF2WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage vessel should carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help operations for vessels;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• fulfillment of ice-breaker operations in port and near-port areas, also in frozen non-arctic seas when ice thickness is less than 1.5 m;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C.;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessel is equipped with diesel-electric propulsion gear that included 4 diesel-generators with summarized capacity of 10.6 MW and 2 AC propulsion motors which provide operation of 2 Azipod units with power of 3.5 MW on each screw. Azipod units are equipped with fixed pitch propellers without nozzles.
Vessel is equipped with two bow thrusters of "screw within tube" type with capacity of 1400 kW each. Bow thrusters together with two rudder propellers provide satisfying to DYNPOS-2 requirements for waves up to force 4, wind up to 10 m/s and current up to 3 kn.
Marine towage operations are provided by with aft located towage winch with pull effort of 100 t.
Vessel is equipped with high speed working boat with speed of 35 kn and capacity of 24 persons for salvage party and salvage supply deliverance, for people collecting on the water surface and for water depth sounding works.
Two marine evacuate systems are foreseen for people salvage from water surface. These systems contain closed life rafts, platforms for people and slides for reaching to the rafts. More over vessel is equipped with special life raft for rising people from water and with special net for mass people collecting on the water surface.
Two container placed diving complexes are foreseen:
• for works at the water depth up to 60 m (with underwater TV apparatus, underwater cutting and welding equipment);
• deep-sea diving complex for depth up to 120 m.
Vessel is equipped with set of oil spill combating gauges. This set includes onboard trawl system, 2 brush type skimmers, 2 boom complexes and 2 boom-handling boats.
Vessel is equipped with fire-fighting equipment for combating with fire on another vessels in accordance with requirements of symbol FF2 at class notation. Water curtain and spraying systems, powder firefighting system are also foreseen.
Fixed and portable water-removing facilities with capacity up to 1700 cub. m per hour are used for water pumping out from flooded compartment.
Platform for helicopter touchdown is foreseen in the fore end.
High deep-sea (up to 1000 m) remotely operated apparatus of "Scorpio" type and side-scan sonar device are foreseen onboard the vessel.
Roll damping device (Intering Tank Stabilization System) based on liquid ousting by compressed air is foreseen for improving dwelling parameters.
2 knuckle boom cranes with maximum outreach of 22.5 m and maximum lifting capacity of 32 t, and also A-frame crane with maximum lifting capacity of 80 t are foreseen for lowering and lifting of "Scorpio" apparatus, boats, diving equipment and handling of oil spill combating equipment.
Keel of the lead MPSV06 vessel (at Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH) "Beringov Proliv", building No. 217, was laid down on 12.11.13. She was launched 21.09.2014 and accepted for operation on 10.10.2015.
Keel of MPSV06 the second vessel (at Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH) "Murman", building No. 218, was laid down on 12.11.13. She was launched 21.09.2014 and accepted for operation on 22.11.2015.