The International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress (ISSC 2015) was completed
The International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress (ISSC) took place in Cascais (Portugal) from September 7 till September 10, 2015.
ISSC Congress is the most well-known and respected forum of specialists of existing science conferences and symposia in the sphere of ocean structure and vessel designing.
The aim of the congress ISSC and their committees, which work between congresses is to consider the research about different scientific directions, to form a generalized assessment of their interpretations, to disseminate the results of the last researches among the international community and to identify areas for future researches, to form the propositions and measures of elaboration the calculation methods, rules of the classification societies, regulations of the International Maritime Organization and other international organizations concerned with the creation of ships and ocean engineering resources, and the development of generally accepted methods for using them in the international practice.
Lisbon Technical University (Universidade de Lisboa, Instituto Superior Tecnico) was responsible for the Congress workout; Carlos Guedes Soares was a Chairman and Yordan Gorbatov was a Secretary.
Since the 1st ISSC 1961 in Glasgow, about 200-250 chief specialists of almost all shipbuilding countries listen to the committees' reports of basic directions of shipbuilding science in all her aspects, discuss gained results and discovered problems, vote for new committee members for the next period every 3 years.
ISSC explores vessel's construction, sea constructions and any other oceans facilities that can be used for transportation, exploring and operation of sea resources (from classical bulk-carriers and drilling platforms and to yachts, battleship, floating aerodromes, floating oil storages).
ISSC congresses history:
1st ISSC 1961 Glasgow;
2nd ISSC 1964 Delft;
3rd ISSC 1967 Oslo;
4th ISSC 1970 Tokyo;
5th ISSC 1973 Hamburg;
6th ISSC 1976 Boston;
7th ISSC 1979 Paris;
8th ISSC 1982 Gdansk/Paris;
9th ISSC 1985 Genova;
10th ISSC 1988 Lyngby;
11th ISSC 1991 Wuxi;
12th ISSC 1994 St. Johns;
13th ISSC 1997 Trondheim;
14th ISSC 2000 Nagasaki;
15th ISSC 2003 San Diego;
16th ISSC 2006 Southampton;
17th ISSC 2009 Seoul;
18th ISSC 2012 Rostok;
19th ISSC 2015 Lisbon.
About 260 chief specialists from 32 countries participated into ISSC 2015. Reports of 16 science committees were listened.
Marine Engineering Bureau representatives participated actively in the work of 4 committees:
1. In committee IV.1 "Design Principles and Criteria" report's co-author is general director, professor, Sc.D. Gennadiy Egorov.
2. In committee IV.2 "Design Methods" report's co-author is the 1st deputy of director, general chief designer Igor Illnytski.
3. In committee V.1 "Design Principles and Criteria" committee's member is senior researcher, Ph.D. Aleksander Nilva.
4. In committee V.7 "Structural longevity" report's co-author is researcher, Alexander Egorov.
After active discussion ISSC 2015 congress members approved listened reports and chose new committees' membership of ISSC 2018 Congress.
List of the new ISSC 2018 Congress committees:
II.1 Quasi-Static Response
II.2 Dynamic Response
III.1 Ultimate Strength
III.2 Fatigue and Fracture
IV.1 Design Principles and Criteria
IV.2 Design Methods
V.1 Accidental limit states
V.2 Experimental Methods
V.3 Material and Fabrication Technology
V.4 Offshore Renewable Energy
V.5 Special Craft
V.6 Arctic Technology
V.7 Structural longevity
V.8 Subsea Technology
Marine Engineering Bureau representatives were included in new committees as follows:
1. Committee IV.1 "Design Principles and Criteria", general director, professor, Sc.D. Gennadiy Egorov (member of ISSC since 2000).
2. Committee IV.2 "Design Methods", the 1st deputy director, general chief designer Igor Illnytski (member of ISSC since 2012).
3. Committee V.1 "Researches of limiting emergency conditions", senior researcher, Ph.D. Aleksander Nilva (member of ISSC since 2007).
4. Committee V.7 "Structural Longevity", researcher Alexander Egorov.
ISSC 2018 should take place in Delft (Holland) and Liege (Belgium). Professor of Delft University Mirek Kaminski was accepted as Congress Chairman, Philippe Ligo from Liege University was accepted as Congress Secretary.