Report concerning multifunctional technical vessels at the Science-Practice Conference "Today operational methods for RF Internal Waterways"
Science-Practice Conference "Today operational methods for RF Internal Waterways" took place in the St. Petersburg on 2nd-4th of September, 2015. Russian Scientific-Technical Society conducted this conference together with Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport with assistance of FBE "Volgo-Balt Inland Waterways Basin Administration".
Marine Engineering Bureau perspective development director, chief designer Nikolay Avtutov presented report "multifunctional technical vessels".
It was pointed that the main direction of the present-day auxiliary fleet development is vessels' universalization due to functionality.
For example, main auxiliary vessels that are operated in European marine and river ports are so called "workboats" that are able to carry out a lot of functions:
• towage operations;
• mounting and maintenance floating means of navigational protection;
• participating in work of the dredger convoy as a laying anchors vessel or a scow towing vessel;
• effecting hydrographic investigation;
• transporting of deck cargo and special staff;
• participating in oil spill works.
Several auxiliary technical river vessels have been successfully built and put into operation by Marine Engineering Bureau projects, as follows:
• multifunctional BLV02 buoy vessels "Ladozhskiy" and "Buran" with class notation M-SP 3.5 (Ice 40) A;
• ecological RT29 vessels "Ecolog-1" and "Onezhets BBK" with class notation O2.0 (Ice 20) A;
• bunkering RT18 tankers "Vladimir Nedorezov", "Rassvet" and "Pyatimorsk" with class notation O2.0 (Ice 30) A;
• ice class TG04 and TG04M tugboats "Portoviy-1", "Portoviy-2", "Dobrynya" and "Muromets" with class notation O2.0 (Ice 30) A.
Taking into consideration fast aging of all types of technical fleet (recently active replenishment by new vessels is realized, generally regarding buoy ones) and high needs for replenishment of other auxiliary vessels (depth sounding vessels, laying anchors vessels, etc.), it is recommended to develop the direction of universal technical vessels realizing several functions for the same platform.