DCV47 supply vessel "Sosnovka 1" has replaced the ferryboat "Kapitan Drabkin" (built in 1971) at the line Ust-Kamchatsk - Pervozavodsk Spit
According to the newspaper "Ust-Kamchatsky Vestnik", DCV47 marine roll-on/roll-off self-propelled barge "Sosnovka-1" has replaced the ferryboat "Kapitan Drabkin" (built in 1971) at the line Ust-Kamchatsk - Pervozavodsk Spit on 05.06.2015. Timetable is as follows: every day departures, four times a day, at 8.00, 12.30, 14.30 and 17.30.
The vessel's second mate told to the newspaper: "We came to Ust-Kamchatsk on June 12; the first voyage was effected on the last Monday. Our vessel is able to contain about 7-8 passenger cars or 5 trucks. Thus, we will be ready to effect additional voyages, if number of automobiles for transportation is bigger and they don't fit at first voyage".
DCV47 supply vessels of "Sosnovka" type were built in 2011-2012 by Sosnovks Shipyard (Murat Duzhuguev is a general director) by order of FSE "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency (RosMorRechFlot) of RF Ministry of Transport.
DCV47 vessel was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Barge of DCV47 project is assigned for transportation of general and dry bulk cargoes, containers on cargo deck, wheel and track vehicles (roll-on method); port roads unload and load cargoes; delivery these cargoes to unequipped shore with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil and supply horizontal delivered cargo unload with help of bow ramp or with help of cargo crane.
Vessels were being built in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Economical and social development of Far East and Transbaikal till 2013".
Importance of such self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region (and others northern coastal regions) for supplying the distant population places was clear even in the USSR period. Beginning from the 70-s of previous century more than 115 self-propelled barges were built, as follows: barges of "Vladimir Pashkin" type ("SRP", prj. 698), "SP" type, "SRP 150K-1" (prj.698o), "SPA-001" type (prj.10250), "SPP-001" type (prj.10251) Õ "Nikolay Permitin" type (prj.16900). This moment there are 15 self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region under operation.
Mean work duration (mean age) of these vessels is of 30 years.
Further operation of these vessels is accomplished with increasing of shipping safety providing, big expenditures used for vessels maintenance and repairing. More over these vessels become obsolete and aren't assign for cargo operations with drainage ability on unequipped soil during tide).
DCV47 prj. concept includes more wide abilities that are necessary for supplying of distant population places, except typical for such vessels general cargoes and vehicles, as follows:
• cargo loading/unloading on the roads, entering into shallow river mouth during tide with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil. For providing such features vessel has strong construction for safe cargo operation during drainage in accordance with RS requirements. Vessel's hull enhanced double bottom (0.8 m height), double sides of 1.725 m width (B/5) and enough number of longitudinal and transverse bulkheads that provide single room unsinkage. Same time work of onboard electric station is provided by diesel-generator cooling by special outer water system (transient regime) and by work of emergency-stay diesel-generator with air cooling;
• bulk cargoes transportation (incl. coal for wintering) with ability of unloading by vessel's crane equipped by grab or by coast means;
• ISO type containers transportation with roads unloading or at long voyages;
• heavy wheel (of 15 t per axel) or truck vehicles of 60 t transportation with ability of vehicles roll-on / roll-off through bow ramp when coast support is prepared; heavy wheel of 10 t per wheel or truck vehicles of 30 t when there is no coast support;
• cargo delivery to unequipped shore and providing horizontal unloading of delivered cargo through the bow ramp or with help of vessel's crane or by the coast means that (incl. car cranes) that are able come to the vessel's side during tide (railing guard is made of hinged type at the cargo zone in order to provide work of car crane's boom at the maximal outreach.
DCV47 vessel are seagoing ro-ro self-propelled barges with cargo lifting capacity of 250 t.
Vessel's principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is 42.60 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 38.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 8.82 m;
Breadth is 8.60 m;
Draught (summer free board) is 2.0 m;
Full speed is 9 kn;
Main engines capacity is 2 x 256 kWt.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Ice 2 R1 AUT3 OMBO.
Permitted load on cargo deck is of 15 tons per wheel vehicle axis or track vehicle weight up to 60 t.
Container capacity is 12 TEU.
Cargo crane's capacity is of 7.3 t (while outreach is 20 m).
The keel of lead supply vessel of the series "Sosnovka-1" of DCV47 project (building No. is 10500) was laid down on 13.01.10. She was launched on 13.05.11 and put into operation 06.08.11.
The keel of the second supply vessel of the series "Sosnovka-2" of DCV47 project (building No. is 10501) was laid down on 18.01.10. She was launched on 25.05.11 and put into operation on 06.08.11.
The keel of the third supply vessel of the series "Sosnovka-3" of DCV47 project (building No. is 10502) was laid down on 28.02.11. She was launched on 05.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.
The keel of the fourth supply vessel of the series "Sosnovka-4" of DCV47 project (building No. is 10503) was laid down on 11.03.11. She was launched on 08.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.