DCV47 supply vessels of "Sosnovka" type solved almost completely the problem of cargo's delivery to remote settlements of Kamchatka
According to the information of Press-Office Department of the Kamchatka Governor and Government, in the annual report concerning results of government's activity, Kamchatka Governor Vladimir Ilyukhin noted that due to the building of four self-propelled barges of "Sosnovka" type the problem of cargo's delivery to remote settlements of Kamchatka was solved almost completely.
Barge of DCV47 project is assigned for general, bulk, containers on cargo deck, wheel and track vehicles (roll-on method) transportations; roads unload and load cargoes; delivery these cargoes to unequipped shore with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil and supply horizontal delivered cargo unload with help of bow ramp or with help of cargo crane.
DCV47 vessels were built by Sosnovka Shipyard (Murat Duguzhev is chairman of directors' board, Igor Glushakov is a general director).
PKU "Direction of the state customer of maritime transport development programs." of the Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency of RF Transport Ministry is a customer.
DCV47 vessels were designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Vessels were being built in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Economical and social development of Far East and Transbaikal till 2013".
Importance of such self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region (and others northern coastal regions) for supplying out distant population places was clear even in the USSR period. Beginning from the 70-s of previous century more than 115 self-propelled barges were built, as follows: barges of "Vladimir Pashkin" type ("SRP", prj. 698), "SP" type, "SRP 150K-1" (prj.698Ï), "SPA-001" type (prj.10250), "SPP-001" type (prj.10251) è "Nikolay Permitin" type (prj.16900). This moment there are 15 self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region under operation.
Mean work duration (mean age) of these vessels is of 30 years.
Further operation of these vessels is accomplished with increasing of shipping safety providing, big expenditures used for vessels maintenance and repairing. More over these vessels become obsolete and aren't assign for cargo operations with drainage ability on unequipped soil during tide).
DCV47 prj. concept includes more wide abilities that are necessary for supplying of distant population places, except typical for such vessels general cargoes and vehicles, as follows:
• cargo loading/unloading on the roads, entering into shallow river mouth during tide with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil. For providing such features vessel has strong construction for safe cargo operation during drainage in accordance with RS requirements. Vessel's hull enhanced double bottom (0.8 m height), double sides of 1.725 m width (B/5) and enough number of longitudinal and transverse bulkheads that provide single room unsinkage. Same time work of onboard electric station is provided by diesel-generator cooling by special outer water system (transient regime) and by work of emergency-stay diesel-generator with air cooling;
• bulk cargoes transportation (incl. coal for wintering) with ability of unloading by vessel's crane equipped by grab or by coast means;
• ISO type containers transportation with roads unloading or at long voyages;
• heavy wheel (15 t per axel) or truck vehicles f 60 t transportation with ability of vehicles roll-on / roll-off through bow ramp when coast support is prepared; heavy wheel 10 t per wheel or truck vehicles 30 t when there is no coast support;
• cargo delivery to unequipped shore and providing horizontal unloading of delivered cargo through the bow ramp or with help of vessel's crane or by the coast means that (incl. car cranes) that are able come to the vessel's side during tide (railing guard is made of hinged type at the cargo zone in order to provide work of car crane's boom at the maximal outreach.
Vessel is seagoing ro-ro self-propelled barge with cargo lifting capacity 250 t.
Vessel's principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is 42.60 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 38.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 8.82 m;
Breadth is 8.60 m;
Draught (summer free board) is 2.0 m;
Full speed is 9 kn;
Main engines capacity is 2 x 256 kWt.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Ice 2 R1 AUT3 OMBO.
Permitted load on cargo deck is of 15 tons per wheel vehicle axis or track vehicle weight up to 60 t.
Container capacity is of 12 TEU.
Cargo crane's capacity is 7.3 t (while boom is of 20 m).
The keel of lead DCV47 supply vessel "Sosnovka-1" (building No. is 10500) was laid down on 13.01.10. She was launched on 13.05.11 and put into operation 06.08.11.
The keel of the second DCV47 supply vessel "Sosnovka-2" (building No. is 10501) was laid down on 18.01.10. She was launched on 25.05.11 and put into operation on 06.08.11.
The keel of the third DCV47 supply vessel "Sosnovka-3" (building No. is 10502) was laid down on 28.02.11. She was launched on 05.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.
The keel of the fourth DCV47 supply vessel "Kapitan Finashin" (building No. is 10503) was laid down on 11.03.11. She was launched on 08.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.