MPSV07 multifunction 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeikin" took part in the Russian-Norwegian exercise
Website of the FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia" informed that multifunction MPSV07 Arctic 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeikin" with Ice class Arc 5 (the second one in the series) took part in the demonstration exercise concerning localization and elimination of the oil spill at the area of Kola Bay near Mishukovo settlement. Test was carried out according to Agreement due to cooperation for oil spill response at the Barents Sea between RF Government and Government of the Kingdom of Norway.
This unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology was built in 2013 by Nevskiy Shipyard (Russia) by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia". 3 vessels of the "Spasatel Karev" type are the biggest and the most significant vessels nowadays built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years. The fourth vessel is being built now.
Project MPSV07 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Theme of the exercise is "Localization and elimination of conditional oil spill at the Kola Bay and its coastline".
The following participators took part in exercises: FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia". FGU "Administration of Murmansk Marine Port, "EcoService" Ltd., "Industrial Safety Systems" Ltd., Norwegian National Coastal Administration, Barents Sea Department of International Foundation of Wild Nature, Inter-Department Committee of Ost-Finmark, State Department of Emergency Situations Ministry of RF at Murmansk region.
Aims of exercise were as follows:
1. Tryout of cooperation between Management Exercise headquarters and exercise's participations;
2. Tryout of organization problems for personal managing during localization and elimination of oil spill at the Kola Bay and its coastline;
3. Tryout of operation of forces and management during elimination of oil spill at the Kola Bay and its coastline;
4. Estimation concerning sufficiency of means and technical ability for oil spill elimination, also concerning affectivity of planned actions due to oil spill at the Kola Bay and its coastline;
5. Check-up of personal's qualification level of North Branch of FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia", "EcoService" Ltd., Oil Spill Teams of Norwegian National Coastal Administration and Inter-Department Committee of Ost-Finmark and Barents Sea Department of International Foundation of Wild Nature during localization and elimination of conditional oil spill at the Kola Bay and its coastline.
Exercise was effected successfully, all aims were worked out.
New's photos are taken from site of FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia".
Arctic vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• takinemergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
MPSV07 vessels have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Sea Route. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Sea Route" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
On 19-20.03.2013 Nevskiy Shipyard in conjunction with the FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba" and the FSUE "Baltic Basin Rescue Department" carried out ice trials of the lead multifunction 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. (building No. is 701).
The trials were carried out in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland wile temperature was about 10 degr.C.
The aim of the trials was to confirm vessel's compliance with the contract specification requirements in the part of design ice category Arc 5, as well as ice- passing through a continuous plane ice.
The following items were tested during the trials:
• through ice running at the forward speed;
• through ice running at the back speed while moving in own canal;
• ability of vessel's turning by execution turning circle manoeuvre through plane ice during forward movement;
• through ice running at the forward speed through cohesive single-year ice.
Due to the tests' results it was accepted the vessel fully confirms to the Rules' Arc 5 requirements, such as design ice-passing requirements for cohesive plane ice, as follows:
• vessel has speed of 3.5 kn during forward movement through cohesive plane ice of 45-50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 3.2 kn during back movement through own canal at 40% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 9.1 kn during forward movement through cohesive single-year ice of about 50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors.
Turning circle manoeuvre was carried out in order to test ability of vessel's turning through plane ice. The manoeuvre was fulfilled at 70% capacity of propulsion motors while ice was of cohesive plane type with thickness of about 45 cm. Rudder angle during the manoeuvre was of 15 degr., manoeuvre's diameter was about 450 m. Overcoming of ice fields' junction during movement through cohesive single-year ice was fulfilled without speed decreasing.
The keel of lead vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Karev" (building No. 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and put into operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of second vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is of 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and put into operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of third vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is of 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and put into operation on 17.12.13.
The keel of fourth vessel of MPSV07 prj. (building No. is of 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She is being built now.