MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" effected submarine towage from St.-Petersburg to Kaliningrad at a strong winter weather
During 17-24 of January, 2014 multifunction Arctic 4MWt salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. (ice class Arc 5) successfully effected submarine towage from St.-Petersburg to Kaliningrad. Towage operation was carried out for OJSE " Rosoboroneksport"; diesel-electric submarine (building No. is of 704) was built for a foreign customer. Towage operation was carried out at strong winter weather. Vessel worked properly. Crew demonstrated good practical skills for steering of new generation salvage vessel. Customer expressed gratitude to the crew for high professionalism and well organized work in writing.
New's photos are taken from Marinetraffic.com (Vladimir Prokopenko is a photographer) and from site of FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia".
MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" was built by Nevskiy Shipyard in 2012. FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation is a customer. Vessel was built in behalf of FBU "Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia".
Three vessel of the "Spasatel Karev" series are the biggest and the most significant vessels built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years.
The fourth vessel is being built mow.
Project was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Arctic vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
On 19-20.03.2013 Nevskiy Shipyard in conjunction with the FBUC "State Marine Emergency and Rescue Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" and the FSUE "Baltic Basin Rescue Department" carried out ice trials of the lead multifunction 4MWt salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. (building No. is of 701).
The trials were carried out in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland wile temperature was about 10 degr.C.
The aim of the trials was to confirm vessel's compliance with the contract specification requirements in the part of design ice category Arc 5, as well as ice- passing through a continuous plane ice.
The following items were tested during the trials:
• through ice running at the forward speed;
• through ice running at the back speed while moving in own canal;
• ability of vessel's turning by execution turning circle manoeuvre through plane ice during forward movement;
• through ice running at the forward speed through cohesive single-year ice.
Due to the tests' results it was accepted the vessel fully confirms to the Rules' Arc 5 requirements, such as design ice-passing requirements for cohesive plane ice, as follows:
• vessel has speed of 3.5 kn during forward movement through cohesive plane ice of 45-50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 3.2 kn during back movement through own canal at 40% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 9.1 kn during forward movement through cohesive single-year ice of about 50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors.
Turning circle manoeuvre was carried out in order to test ability of vessel's turning through plane ice. The manoeuvre was fulfilled at 70% capacity of propulsion motors while ice was of cohesive plane type with thickness of about 45 cm. Rudder angle during the manoeuvre was of 15 degr., manoeuvre's diameter was about 450 m.
Overcoming of ice fields' junction during movement through cohesive single-year ice was fulfilled without speed decreasing.
The keel of lead vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Karev" (building No. 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and put into operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of second vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is of 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and put into operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of third vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is of 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and put into operation on 17.12.13.
The keel of fourth vessel of MPSV07 prj. (building No. is of 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She is being built now.