Supply vessel "Sosnovka-3" of DCV47 prj. will transport materials for the completion building works under the construction of a temple in honor of St.
On 31.10.2013 the supply vessel "Sosnovka-3" of DCV47 project departed for the voyage to Palana settlement (the north of Kamchatka). Cargo includes timber rod, armouring and containers with domes and crosses for the completion of the construction of a temple in honor of St. Nicholas in Palana.
Four vessels of Sosnovka type of DCV47 prj. were built in 2011-2012 by Sosnovka Shipyard by the project of Marine Engineering Bureau.
In 2010 His Holiness Patriarch Kirill attended the Commanders and Palana during His visit to Kamchatka; He hallowed the places for new temples building. Temple building in the Nikolskoye village on the Bering Island (Commander Islands) was completed the last year. It became the most eastern (by geographic location) island temple in Russia. Building materials for Nikolskoye temple were delivered also by "Sosnovka" type vessels.
Vessels were being built in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Economical and social development of Far East and Transbaikal till 2013" by the order of PKU "Direction of the state customer of maritime transport development programs." of the Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency of RF Transport Ministry.
The supply vessel "Sosnovka-3" will start the unloading in the port of Palani approximately on the 4th of November. Cargo is being already waited there. According to the diocese, temple building works should be completed at the end of the year. Then specialists will start for interior decoration of the temple and the installation of the iconostasis and altar. It is assumed that in the summer of 2014 the fully decorated Palana temple will meet his parishioners.
As previously reported, "Sosnovka - 3" (building No is of 10502) arrived to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky on 24.01.2013. All four vessels of "Sosnovka" type work as part of the State Unitary Enterprise "KamchatTransFlot" of Kamchatka region providing delivery of socially important goods to distant population places.
For example, on October 23 the DCV47 sister vessel with two tons of flour and other foodstuffs of SUE "Kamchatprodsnab" on board arrived to Nikolskoye. The products will be realized in the social shop.
Barge of DCV47 project is assigned for general, bulk, containers on cargo deck, wheel and track vehicles (roll-on method) transportations; roads unload and load cargoes; delivery these cargoes to unequipped shore with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil and supply horizontal delivered cargo unload with help of bow ramp or with help of cargo crane.
Importance of such self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region (and others northern coastal regions) for supplying out distant population places was clear even in the USSR period. Beginning from the 70-s of previous century more than 115 self-propelled barges were built, as follows: barges of "Vladimir Pashkin" type ("SRP", prj. 698), "SP" type, "SRP 150K-1" (prj.698Ï), "SPA-001" type (prj.10250), "SPP-001" type (prj.10251) è "Nikolay Permitin" type (prj.16900). This moment there are 15 self-propelled barges at Kamchatka region under operation.
Mean work duration (mean age) of these vessels is of 30 years.
Further operation of these vessels is accomplished with increasing of shipping safety providing, big expenditures used for vessels maintenance and repairing. More over these vessels become obsolete and aren't assign for cargo operations with drainage ability on unequipped soil during tide).
DCV47 prj. concept includes more wide abilities that are necessary for supplying of distant population places, except typical for such vessels general cargoes and vehicles, as follows:
• cargo loading/unloading on the roads, entering into shallow river mouth during tide with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil. For providing such features vessel has strong construction for safe cargo operation during drainage in accordance with RS requirements. Vessel's hull enhanced double bottom (0.8 m height), double sides of 1.725 m width (B/5) and enough number of longitudinal and transverse bulkheads that provide single room unsinkage. Same time work of onboard electric station is provided by diesel-generator cooling by special outer water system (transient regime) and by work of emergency-stay diesel-generator with air cooling;
• bulk cargoes transportation (incl. coal for wintering) with ability of unloading by vessel's crane equipped by grab or by coast means;
• ISO type containers transportation with roads unloading or at long voyages;
• heavy wheel (of 15 t per axel) or truck vehicles of 60 t transportation with ability of vehicles roll-on / roll-off through bow ramp when coast support is prepared; heavy wheel of 10 t per wheel or truck vehicles of 30 t when there is no coast support;
• cargo delivery to unequipped shore and providing horizontal unloading of delivered cargo through the bow ramp or with help of vessel's crane or by the coast means that (incl. car cranes) that are able come to the vessel's side during tide (railing guard is made of hinged type at the cargo zone in order to provide work of car crane's boom at the maximal outreach.
Seagoing ro-ro self-propelled barge with cargo lifting capacity of 250 t.
Vessel's principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is of 42.60 m;
Length between perpendiculars is of 38.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 8.82 m;
Breadth is of 8.60 m;
Draught (summer free board) is of 2.0 m;
Full speed is of 9 kn;
Main engines capacity is of 2 x 256 kWt.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Ice 2 R1 AUT3 OMBO.
Permitted load on cargo deck is of 15 tons per wheel vehicle axis or track vehicle weight up to 60 t.
Container capacity is of 12 TEU.
Cargo crane's capacity is of 7.3 t (while boom is of 20 m).
The keel of lead supply vessel "Sosnovka-1" of DCV47 project (building No. is of 10500) was laid down on 13.01.10. She was launched on 13.05.11 and put into operation 06.08.11.
The keel of the second supply vessel in the series "Sosnovka-2" (building No. is of 10501) was laid down on 18.01.10. She was launched on 25.05.11 and put into operation on 06.08.11.
The keel of the third supply vessel in the series "Sosnovka-3" (building No. is of 10502) was laid down on 28.02.11. She was launched on 05.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.
The keel of the fourth supply vessel "Sosnovka-4" of DCV47 project (building No. is of 10503) was laid down on 11.03.11. She was launched on 08.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.
The official website of the government of the Kamchatka Region is the source of information.