Multifunction salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. took part in basin exercises in the Gulf of Finland
On 26.09.13 multifunction salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. took part in basin exercises in the Gulf of Finland in the area of Seskar Island.
This unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology was built in October of 2012 year by Russian Nevskiy Shipyard (Vladimir Prudyus is a general director). "Spasatel Karev" together with same type vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" are the biggest and the most significant vessels nowadays built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years.
FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation is a customer.
Project MPSV07 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
As the site Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia reports, the search and rescue exercise for people in distress at sea, was organized and conducted by the Marine Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) St. Petersburg, "Big Port of St. Petersburg" in conjunction with the FBD "Baltic Basin Emergency Rescue Department "(BaltBASU) that is included into Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia (Rosmorrechflot).
The following participators took part in exercises:
• MRCC St. Petersburg;
• from BaltBASU: multifunction salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 project, boom-handling boats "Evgeniy Morozov," and "Alphard";
• from CJSC "Rosnefteflot": the tugboat "Dunaiy";
• from inspection of the GIMS of Kingisepsky district of Leningrad region: the salvage boat "Corvette-600";
• the rescue team of Search and Rescue Service of St. Petersburg;
• the administration of the sea port of Ust-Luga;
• ambulance service from Kingisepsky district.
By the script of the exercise scientific-investigation vessel "Ekobalt" ran into an unknown underwater obstacle in the area of Seskar Island, the threat of flooding was occurred, the crew left the vessel with help of the life rafts.
MRCC St. Petersburg received the distress call from the mv "Ekobalt" and made a notification to the nearest vessels; the stand-by rescue vessels of the region and several of nearest vessels were sent towards the emergency vessel.
Exercise conditions were maximum closed to real. Professional rescuers from Search and Rescue Service of St. Petersburg were placed at life rafts.
Exercise headquarters was placed in the Joint Situation Center of "Big Port of St. Petersburg"; it took decision to evacuate the rescued crew members from the emergency vessel to the port of Ust-Luga.
The port of Ust-Luga Captain Department held preparatory measures for receiving evacuees.
In the result of SAR measures all crew members of the mv "Ekobalt" were found and raised from the water and rafts. They received the necessary primary medic care. The purposes and objectives set for the exercise were fulfilled.
Multifunction salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m, and carrying out deep-sea diving works at the depth up to 300 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, oil spills response (OSR);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessels of MPSV07 project have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Sea Route. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Sea Route" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built for Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the vessel of MPSV07 project are as follows:
Length overall - about 73.0 m;
Length between perpendiculars - 64.4 m;
Breadth overall - about 16.6 m;
Breadth (due waterline) - 15.5 m;
Design draught - 4.5 m;
Working draughts - 4.2-5.1 m.
The hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in experimental pools (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-circle rudder propellers were adopted as the movement and manoeuvre facilities of vessels "Spasatel Karev" and "Spasatel Kavdeykin". Propellers with diameter of 2600 mm were made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by the propeller motor with capacity of 2265 kW. Rudder propellers provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 knots and bollard pull of about 75 tons.
The maximum trials speed achieved by m/v "Spasatel Kavdeykin" is of 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the vessel of MPSV07 project is designed for ice class Arc 5, also the possibility of vessel operation at temperatures down to minus 40 degr. C is provided.
Fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in the area of ER. Tank capacity provides autonomy of the vessel for about 20 days in the mode of rescue and patrol duty.
Main diesel-electric power station consists of 4 diesel generators of alternate current of 690 V, 50 Hz with electric capacity of 1370 kW each.
The crew consists of 20 persons, each of them is accommodated in a single cabin. For the captain, chief mate, chief engineer and head of the emergency party are provided block-cabins, consisting of office, saloon, bedroom and bathroom.
12 single cabins, each of them has an additional folding bed are provided for special crew accommodation (emergency party, divers and support personal for diving equipment, etc.). Also, there are 2 standby double cabins.
The accommodation of rescued people is foreseen in mess-rooms and also in additional beds at crew cabins. Also, there is 6-place hospital.
The total number men onboard is foreseen by 101.
Individual and collective life-saving appliances are provided with a 50% reserve.
Roll damping system of Hoppe Company is foreseen for improving habitability parameters.
High-speed rescue boat with a capacity of 17 people, which is capable to develop speed up to 25 kn is provided for operative emergency party delivery to a emergency vessel. This boat operation is available till the 6 force seas. The boat is equipped with a hook of fast delivered type for engaging with the vessel crane. High-speed boat can perform hydrographic, surveying and search works apart from emergency team delivery. The boat is equipped with hydrographic sonar and side-scan sonar for this purpose.
The equipment provided for the mass people collecting from the water on the vessels of MPSV07 project is as follows:
• duty boat, equipped with the net for rising people out of the water;
• life raft of marine evacuation system for the people collecting and the subsequent displacement people on board by the slide of MES of the Viking firm;
• salvage facility for rising people out of the water on board with a capacity of 12 lying and sitting people;
• net with the length of 7 meters for rising people out of the water on board of Dacon Rigid Scrambling Net type (on each side of the vessel);
• stretchers for rising people out of the water on board of Spenser floating stretcher type.
For emergency evacuation, as well as for the delivery on board of additional personal (medical team, emergency party, etc.), two sites in the fore and aft ends are foreseen for the receiving / transferring cargoes on (from) helicopter. For rising people on the helicopter the special seating slings and stretchers are foreseen in the supply of the vessel.
Towage of emergency vessels, and also fulfillment marine towage of vessels is assumed by automatic double drum towing winch with a pull of 75 tons on the lower drum and 50 m on the upper drum. More over, the 75 t towing hook of disk-type with the remote electro / hydraulic release is foreseen. An auxiliary 10 t winch is provided for tightening of tow wire.
Loading of containers with equipment and supplies onto the vessel, transferring of discharge equipment to an emergency vessel and other loading operations fulfillment is ensured by two electro-hydraulic overhung cargo cranes with lifting capacity of 20 t and derrick outreach of 15 m placed in the aft end of the main deck at the both sides. Cargo cranes are capable for work at full load till 3 force seas.
Vessels of MPSV07 project are equipped with special water extinguishing systems, foam extinguishing and powder extinguishing, providing the possibility of emergency fire fighting on vessels and shore facilities, accessible for approaching from the sea. Water or foam supply to the emergency object carries out through three hydraulic monitors with feeding of 1000 cub.m/h and length of the jet of 120 m set two on wheelhouse top and one on the top of the mast.
2 pumps with capacity of 1500 cub.m/h each are set to supply water to a special fire system with a drive from the main diesel generators. The water curtains system is foreseen to protect the vessel against effect of burning object.
The set of water discharging units are foreseen for pumping water from flooded compartments of emergency objects; the set includes as follows:
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 405 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible explosion-proof pumps with capacity of 103 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 70 cub.m/h each;
• 2 portable ejectors with capacity of 69 cub.m/h each.
Diving systems are installed in container on vessels of the MPSV07 project, ensuring the fulfillment of works at depths up to 60 meters. The facility is located in two 20-foot containers installed on the main deck of the vessel. Divers' descent is fulfilled with help of diver ladder from vessel's deck when there is no ice. At ice conditions divers' descent is fulfilled through diving well in the middle part of the vessel. Facilities for underwater welding and cutting metal (electric welding, oxy-electric cutting), as well as a set of diving hydraulic tools of Stanley type are foreseen in diving equipment.
The system of dynamic positioning is foreseen for ensuring the keeping the vessel at the place during the diving operations, as well as during the working near drilling platforms. Vessel's keeping is provided with full-circle rudder propellers and two bow thrusters with capacity of 995 kW each. Bow thruster's propeller diameter is of 2000 mm.
The positioning of the vessel is provided by three DGPS systems, by two sonar systems and the system of "stretched rope". Stable keeping of the vessel at the place is possible till seas of force 4, the wind speed of 10 m/s and current speed of 3 kn.
Oil spills response is one of the main functions of MPSV07 project vessels. There are six tanks for oil collection with total capacity of 668 cub.m, and also the following equipment:
• board oil gathering system of LSC-5C/2800 type of LAMOR Company, that ensures waters surface cleaning till 3 m waves;
• reel with heavy oil booms with length of 250 m;
• reel with constant floating booms with length of 250 m;
• brush type skimmer.
Diesel-hydraulic aggregate is provided for drive of the equipment of OSR.
Also, 2 boom-handling boats with hinged bow ramp are located on the deck.
Remotely operated uninhabited deep-sea device Sperre SUB fighter 7500 is provided in order to provide underwater search works except the diving equipment. Also a towed side-scan sonar of 4200 SP type is provided; it is used at depths of up to 1000 m with an electro winch for cable-rope with length of about 3000 m.
The keel of lead vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Karev" (building No. 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and put into operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of second vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is of 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and put into operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of third vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is of 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12.
The keel of fourth vessel of MPSV07 prj. (building No. is of 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013.
The source of information is the official website of the FBU Gosmorspascluzhba of Russia.