Successful ice trials of the multifunction 4MWt salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj
On 19-20.03.2013 Nevskiy Shipyard (Vladimir Prudyus is a general director) in conjunction with the FBUC "State Marine Emergency and Rescue Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" and the FSUE "Baltic Basin Rescue Department" carried out ice trials of the lead multifunction 4MWt salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" of MPSV07 prj. (building No is of 701).
Vessel is built for Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015". FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation is a customer.
The trials were carried out in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland wile temperature was about 10°C.
The aim of the trials was to confirm vessel's compliance with the contract specification requirements in the part of design ice category Arc 5, as well as ice-covered passing through a continuous plane ice.
The following items were tested during the trials:
• through ice running at the forward speed;
• through ice running at the back speed while moving in own canal;
• ability of vessel's turning by execution turning circle manoeuvre through plane ice during forward movement;
• through ice running at the forward speed through cohesive single-year ice.
Due to the tests' results it was accepted the vessel fully confirms to the Rules' Arc 5 requirements, such as design ice-passing requirements for cohesive plane ice, as follows:
• vessel has speed of 3.5 kn during forward movement through cohesive plane ice of 40-50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 3.2 kn during back movement through own canal;
• vessel has speed of 9.1 kn during forward movement through cohesive single-year ice of about 50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors.
Turning circle manoeuvre was carried out in order to test ability of vessel's turning through plane ice. The manoeuvre was fulfilled at 70% capacity of propulsion motors while ice was of cohesive plane type with thickness of about 45 cm. Rudder angle during the manoeuvre was of 15 degr., manoeuvre's diameter was about 450 m.
Overcoming of ice fields' junction during movement through cohesive single-year ice was fulfilled without speed decreasing.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj. has high ice class, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. Vessel also has diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part of hull, two full-circle rudder propellers with summarized capacity of 4 MWt and 2 bow thrusters. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is of about 73.0 m;
Length between perpendiculars is of 64.4 m;
Breadth overall is about 16.6 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is of 15.5 m;
Design draught is of 4.5 m;
Working draughts is of 4.0-5.1 m;
Full speed is of 15 kn;
Autonomy is of 20 days;
Bollard pull is about 70 tons.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj is to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m, and carrying out deep-sea diving works at the depth up to 300 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
The keel of head vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Karev" (building No. is of 701) was laid down on 02.09.09. She was launched on 23.11.10. She was put into operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of second vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is of 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11.
The keel of third vessel of MPSV07 prj. "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is of 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12.
Nevskiy Shipyard have begun building of the fourth serial vessel of MPSV07 project with order of Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation in accordance with the Federal target program "Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015" in the current year.