Modernization works at the vessel "Captain Ivan Vikulov" are completed
Turkish shipyard "HIDRODINAMIK", Tuzla, has completed the modernizing - recovery works at the dry cargo vessel "Captain Ivan Vikulov" (project 19610, "Volga" type).
Works were commenced on 01.06.2012 and were completed in February 2013. This moment vessel is under mooring trials.
During the basic modernization -recovery works the following activities were carried out:
1. New living deck-house and poop of improved planning were constructed and installed.
2. The modern 20 persons capacity free falling salvage boat and the 6 person capacity duty boat were installed as rescue facilities. The vessel is equipped with the new personal lifesaving appliances.
3. The modern insulating and finishing materials and modern furniture are applied for accommodations' equipment.
4. Modernized shipboard systems include:
• the freshwater system;
• the seawater system;
• the sewage system;
• new heating and air conditioning systems are installed;
• new water main and carbon dioxide fire extinguishing systems are installed.
5. New electrical equipment is installed.
6. New emergency electrical power source is installed.
7. New communication, signaling and navigation facilities are installed.
RS Rules requirements the for vessels with AUT2 sign were took into account during design.
The project of deck-house and of new and modernized vessel's facilities and systems was carried out by the Marine Engineering Bureau.
The purpose of the mv "Captain Ivan Vikulov" is transportation of general and bulk cargoes in the holds, timber and containers in the holds and on hatches of holds.
Vessel's principal dimensions are, as follows:
Length overall is of 140.00 m;
Length between perpendiculars is of 134.00 m;
Breadth is of 16.40 m;
Depth is of 6.70 m;
Draught (summer free board) is of 4.49 m;
Deadweight is of 5989 t;
Total capacity of cargo holds is of 6893 cub.m;
Number of holds is 4;
Total ballast tanks capacity is of 2216 cub.m.;
Main engines capacity is of 2 x 970 kWt;
Vessel's speed is of 10 kn;
Crew/ Places is of 16/17.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation KM L3 1 R1 AUT2 is confirmed after works' completing.