A state contract for building of two 7MWt multi-purpose salvage ice breaking vessels with class Icebreaker 6 was signed
On 19.12.12 Rosmorechflot signed a state contract with the shipbuilding company "Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH" for building of two 7MWt multi-purpose salvage ice breaking vessels of MPSV06 project, according to the press service of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport. FSE "State Customer Board of Maritime Transport Development Programs" is a customer.
"Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH" should build vessels in accordance with the terms of the contract on the grounds of state shipyard, situated in Wismar (Germany).
21 salvage vessels were built due to Federal Purpose Program "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015"
:• the lead multifunction 4MWt salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev"of MPSV07 project with high ice class, which was built at Nevskiy Shipyard (also 2 vessels were launched and the 4th one was ordered);
• 4 sea-going 0.9MWt diving vessels of SDS08 project, which was built at Yaroslavl Shipyard;
• 10 port roads 0.3MWt diving boats of A160 project, which was built at Shipyard "Nizhegorodskiy Teplokhod";
• 6 0.9MWt salvage boom-handling boats of A40-2Á project, which was built at "Brothers Nobel Shipyard" (Rybinsk).
Project MPSV06 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multi-purpose salvage vessel MPSV06 project vessel has high ice class, ice-breaker stem and cruiser aft end, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. Vessel also has diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part, two full-circle rudder propellers and bow thrusters. Her main particulars are as follows:
Length overall - about 86.0 m;
Length between perpendiculars - 70.60 m;
Breadth overall - about 19.10 m;
Breadth - 18.50 m;
Breadth due to freeboard waterline - 18.00 m;
Depth is of 8.50 m;
Draught is of 6.0 m;
Full speed is of 15 kn;
Crew is of 22 persons including 2 medics;
Special personal is of 12 persons;
Autonomy is of 30 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is of KM Icebreaker 6 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF2WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multi-purpose salvage vessel of MPSV06 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help operations for vessels;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• fulfillment of ice-breaker operations in port and near-port areas, also in frozen non-arctic seas when ice thickness is less than 1.5 m;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60 degr. C.;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessel is equipped with diesel-electric propulsion gear that included 4 diesel-generators with summarized capacity of 10.6 MWt and 2 AC propulsion motors which provide operation of 2 full-circle rudder propellers with power of 3.5 MWt on each screw. Rudder propellers are equipped with fixed pitch propellers without nozzles.
Vessel is equipped with two bow thrusters of "screw within tube" type with capacity of 1400 kWt each. Bow thrusters together with two rudder propellers provide satisfying to DYNPOS-2 requirements for waves up to force 4, wind up to 10 m/s and current up to 3 kn.
Marine towage operations are provided by with aft located towage winch with pull effort of 95t.
Vessel is equipped with high speed working boat with speed of 35 kn and capacity of 24 persons for salvage party and salvage supply deliverance, for people collecting on the water surface and for water depth sounding works.
Two marine evacuate systems are foreseen for people salvage from water surface. These systems contain closed life rafts, platforms for people and slides for reaching to the rafts. More over vessel is equipped with special life raft for rising people from water and with special net for mass people collecting on the water surface.
Two container placed diving complexes are foreseen:
• for works at the water depth up to 60 m (with underwater TV apparatus, underwater cutting and welding equipment);
• deep-sea diving complex for depth up to 300 m.
Vessel is equipped with set of oil spill combating gauges. This set includes onboard trawl system, 2 brush type skimmers, 2 boom complexes of 250 m length each and 2 boom-handling boats.
Vessel is equipped with fire-fighting equipment for combating with fire on another vessels in accordance with requirements of symbol FF2 at class notation. Water curtain and spraying systems, powder firefighting system are also foreseen.
Fixed and portable water-removing facilities with capacity up to 1700 cub. m per hour are used for water pumping out from flooded compartment.
Platform for helicopter touchdown is foreseen in the fore end.
High deep-sea (up to 1000 m) remotely operated apparatus of "Scorpio" type and side-scan sonar device are foreseen onboard the vessel.
Roll damping device (intering tank stabilization system) based on liquid ousting by compressed air is foreseen for improving dwelling parameters.
2 knuckle boom cranes with maximum outreach of 22.5 m and maximum lifting capacity of 32 t, and also A-frame crane with maximum lifting capacity of 80 t are foreseen for lowering and lifting of "Scorpio" apparatus, boats, diving equipment and handling of oil spill combating equipment.