The supply vessels "Sosnovka-3" and "Sosnovka-4" were sent to Far East
On December 07, 2012 unique operation of loading two support vessels of DCV47 project for Kamchatka aboard of a heavy-lift vessel "HHL New York" was finished at the port of Caucasus.
On December 05, 2012 "Sosnovka-4"(building No is of 10503) was loaded into cargo hold of heavy-lift vessel. "Sosnovka-3"(building No is of 10502) was loaded onto hatch covers on December 07, 2012. Weight of each vessel is of 379 tons.
Shipping company HANSA HEAVY LIFT GmbH supposes to deliver "valuable cargo" to the destination point of the port of Vladivostok till January 10, 2013.
Barge of DCV47 project is assigned for general, bulk, containers on cargo deck, wheel and track vehicles (roll-on method) transportations; roads unload and load cargoes; delivery these cargoes to unequipped shore with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil and supply horizontal delivered cargo unload with help of bow ramp or with help of cargo crane.
"Sosnovka-3" and "Sosnovka-3" vessels were built at Sosnovka Shipyard (Murat Duguzhev is a general director).
FSE "State Customer Board of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency of RF Transport Ministry is a customer.
Vessel's project is designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau (MEB).
Vessel is being built in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Economical and social development of Far East and Transbaikal till 2013" and will put into operation by the state unitary enterprise "KamchatTransFlot" of Kamchatka region.
The first two barges of DCV47 project "Sosnovka-1" and "Sosnovka-2" have been already successfully operated in Kamchatka.
Importance of such self-propelled barges at Kamchatks region (and others northern coastal regions) for supplying out distant population places was clear even in the USSR period. Beginning from the 70-th of previous century more than 115 self-propelled barges were built, as follows: barges of "Vladimir Pashkin" type ("SRP", prj. 698), "SP" type, "SRP 150K-1" (prj.698Ï), "SPA-001" type (prj.10250), "SPP-001" type (prj.10251) è "Nikolay Permitin" type (prj.16900).
Mean work duration (mean age) of these vessels is of 30 years.
Further operation of these vessels is accomplish with increasing of shipping safety providing, big expenditures used for vessels maintenance and repairing. More over these vessels become obsolete and aren't assign for cargo operations with drainage ability on unequipped soil during tide).
DCV47 prj. concept includes more wide abilities that are necessary for supplying of distant population places, except typical for such vessels general cargoes and vehicles, as follows:
• cargo loading/unloading on the roads, entering into shallow river mouth during tide with drainage ability on sand-gravel soil. For providing such features vessel has strong construction for safe cargo operation during drainage in accordance with RS requirements. Vessel's hull enhanced double bottom (0.8 m height), double sides of 1.725 m width (B/5) and enough number of longitudinal and transverse bulkheads that provide single room unsinkage. Same time work of onboard electric station is provided by diesel-generator cooling by special outer water system (transient regime) and by work of emergency-stay diesel-generator with air cooling;
• bulk cargoes transportation (incl. coal for wintering) with ability of unloading by vessel's crane equipped by grab or by coast means;
• ISO type containers transportation with roads unloading or at long voyages;
• heavy wheel (of 15 t per axel) or truck vehicles of 60 t transportation with ability of vehicles roll-on / roll-off through bow ramp when coast support is prepared; heavy wheel of 10 t per wheel or truck vehicles of 30 t when there is no coast support;
• cargo delivery to unequipped shore and providing horizontal unloading of delivered cargo through the bow ramp or with help of vessel's crane or by the coast means that (incl. car cranes) that are able come to the vessel's side during tide (railing guard is made of hinged type at the cargo zone in order to provide work of car crane's boom at the maximal outreach.
DCV47 prj. vessels are of seagoing ro-ro self-propelled barge type with cargo lifting capacity of 250 t.
Vessel's principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is of 42.60 m.
Length between perpendiculars is of 38.40 m.
Breadth overall is about 8.82 m.
Breadth is of 8.60 m.
Draught (summer free board) is of 2.0 m.
Full speed is of 9 kn.
Main engines capacity is of 2 x 256 kWt.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Ice 2 R1 AUT3 OMBO.
Permitted load on cargo deck is of 15 tons per wheel vehicle axis or track vehicle weight up to 60 t.
Container capacity is of 12 TEU.
Cargo crane's capacity is of 7.3 t (while boom is of 20 m).
The keel of lead supply vessel "Sosnovka-1" of DCV47 project (building No. is of 10500) was laid down on 13.01.10. She was launched on 13.05.11 and put into operation 06.08.11.
The keel of the second supply vessel in the series "Sosnovka-2" (building No. is of 10501) was laid down on 18.01.10. She was launched on 25.05.11 and put into operation on 06.08.11.
The keel of the third supply vessel in the series "Sosnovka-3" (building No. is of 10502) was laid down on 28.02.11. She was launched on 05.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.
The keel of the fourth supply vessel "Sosnovka-4" of DCV47 project (building No. is of 10503) was laid down on 11.03.11. She was launched on 08.10.12 and put into operation on 07.11.12.