Kaliningrad shipyard "Pregol" completed the modernization of dry-cargo vessel "Baltiyskiy-202"
On November 22, 2010 dry-cargo vessel "Baltiyskiy-202" of 16290 prj. departed for the first voyage after modernization.
Modernization works were carried out in Kaliningrad at "Shiprepair yard "Pregol" Co Ltd (Vladimir Bondarev is a general director).
Modernization project was designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau (MEB).
Re-equipment was carried out for the purpose of cargo capacity increase, such as hold volume and strength of vessel's hull increase.
After re-equipment the vessel has achieved Russian Maritime Register of shipping class notation KM L2 AUT1.
The re-equipment project base is idea of usage high (2.6 m taking into consideration existing coamings) continuous longitudinal hatch coamings that allow to increase standard of general strength of vessel's hull (by 52%) due to considerable increasing of section's height, cargo holds' capacity (by 19.2%), deadweight (by 22.4%) in accordance with International Load Lines Convention.
Vessel's deadweight in sea was increased from 2750 tons up to 3367 tons (by 617 tons), cargo holds' capacity increased from 3330 cub. m up to 3968 cub. m (by 638 cub. m).
Longitudinal and transverse hatch coamings were increased by 1.3 m. upwards from existing coamings.
Platform was mounted at the level about 2200 mm from existing main deck for hatch covers service in 38-103 fr. region.
Whole system of hatch covers was shifted onto level of new-created deck.
Main works were made at the shipyard, as follows:
• mounting of the new longitudinal cargo hatch coamings (height increasing of the existing ones by 1.3 m);
• shifting of hatch covers system on new main deck;
• mounting of new slant and vertical ladders for access to new-created deck at fore and aft;
• development of new-created deck in 108-116 fr. and 27-33 fr. regions;
• works connected with escapes from holds and ER to new-created deck;
• outputting of holds' ventilation to level of new-created decks;
• works connected with mounting platform for hatch covers service;
• mounting of new guard railing.
After re-equipment vessel "Baltiyskiy-202" is of cargo single-screw type with 2 cargo holds, with double bottom and double sides, with forecastle and poop, with transom stern, with ER and accommodation superstructure located aft.
Vessel is assigned for transportation of the general, bulk, timber, grain cargoes and ISO type containers.
Vessel's principal dimensions after re-equipment are as follows:
Overall length is of 89.5 m;
Length between perpendiculars is of 84.9 m;
Overall breadth is of 13.4 m;
Breadth is of 13.2 m;
Depth is of 5.5 m;
Summer waterline draught is of 4.878 m;
Deadweight is of 3344 t;
Cargo holds capacity is of:
- 2018 cub. m for Hold No.1;
- 1950 cub. m. for Hold No.2.