Yaroslavl Shipyard launched the lead seagoing diving vessel "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl"
On August 12, 2010 Yaroslavl Shipyard (Vladimir Prudius is a general director) launched the first in the series seagoing diving vessel of SDS08 project.
Vessel (building No. is of 201) was named as "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl".
Vessel's ship-owner is Federal Agency of the Maritime and River Transport of RF Ministry of Transport.
Design of SDS08 techno-working project was carried out by the Marine Engineering Bureau. Working and technologic documentation are developed by the PDB "Petrobalt" (Georgiy Taritsa is a general director).
Seagoing diving vessel of SDS08 project was built for FSUC State Maritime Salvage Department.
Project considerably differs from existing operated similar vessels:
1. Diving equipment, mounted on vessel, allows to carry out diving and underwater works on depth till 100 m. There are no analogues of such equipment at existing vessels that are operated by State Maritime Salvage Department of RF.
2. Vessel's characteristics and special equipment provide carrying out of diving salvage operations during sea state up to 3, and vessel can sail to the salvage place during waves' height of 7 m.
3. 2 main high-speed engines with capacity of 442 kWt each provide required propulsion qualities, work to the variable-pitch propellers. New bow thruster with capacity of 120 kWt is mounted for vessel's keeping at place of work carrying out.
4. Up-to-date remote-controlled underwater apparatus allow to inspect of a sea-bottom, underwater part of ships' hull and rudder propellers of vessels, underwater part of waterside structures on depth till 100 m.
5. Equipment for underwater welding on depth till 25 m and underwater cutting on depth till 100 m is used for salvage operations, repair of underwater part of vessels, repair of hydraulic structures, carrying out of rescue operations. In addition, cargo lifting equipment allows to lift objects of weight till 2.0 t from depth till 100 m.
6. Vessel carries out water pumping from wrecking vessel's compartments and also pontoon air blow during participation into re-floating.
Thereby, unique combination of equipment mounted on vessel, and also high-powered power plant allow to carry out almost any specialized works related to diving-technical works on depth till 100 m. In addition vessel can carry out fire extinguishing on other vessels using mechanical foam hoses with capacity of 180 cub. m per hour and carry out tug functions (ground-mooring-tug winch with force of 7 tons is mounted aft).
SDS08 prj. seagoing diving vessel has Ice 2 class, inclined stem and transom aft end, long forecastle, deckhouse located fore. Vessel also has engine room located aft, diesel main engines, two variable-pitch propellers and bow thruster. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall - 38.35 m;
Length between perpendiculars - 36.35 m;
Breadth overall - about 7.92 m;
Breadth (due waterline) - 7.70 m;
Design draught - 2.1 m;
Full speed - 11 kn;
Economical speed - 8 kn;
Main engines capacity - 2 x 420 kWt;
Autonomy - 5 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is of KM Ice 2 R2 AUT3-C OMBO SDS<100.
Diving equipment consists of:
• pressure chamber for 4 divers;
• diving half-cone with control board;
• diving equipment with SUPERLITE helmet and DESCO ventilate helmet;
• diving equipment of universal "dry" type;
• divers' water-heater facilities;
• communication facilities;
• underwater illumination facilities;
• underwater television;
• underwater welding/cutting;
• hydraulic tools;
• pumping facilities;
• soil man facilities;
• remote-controlled underwater apparatus;
• diving ladder.
Keel of the lead vessel of SDS08 project "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" (building No is of 201) was laid down on August 28, 2009. Vessel was launched on August 12, 2010. "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" will participate into solemn actions dedicated to thousandth anniversary of Yaroslavl foundation in accordance with decision of Minister of Transport Igor Levitin and governor of Yaroslavl region. After these activities vessel will pass all necessary tests and will be put to customer.
Keel of the second vessel in the series "Rostov Velikiy" (building No is of 202) was laid down on March 9, 2010.
Keel of the third vessel in the series "Uglich" (building No is of 203) was laid down on March 16, 2010.