Report about new generation of technical fleet vessels was made during International Forum "Maritime Russian Industry"
On May 20, 2010 round-table discussion "About high-tech civil shipbuilding's perspective" was held during International Forum "Maritime Russian Industry". Evgeniy Appolonov, professor, doctor of philosophy, director deputy of Central Research Institute (CRI) named for acad. A.N. Krylov, was a moderator.
Reports about main directions of up-to-date "complex" civil vessels creation by CRI, "Gazphlot", Northern DB, Baltic shipyard, CDB ME "Rubin", DB "Vympel", Marine Engineering Bureau (MEB) and others were represented by attendants.
Gennadiy Egorov, MEB general director, prof., Sc. Dr. made a report "Technical fleet vessels of up-to-date generation for guaranteed providing of way conditions and ports' operations".
Short report thesis:
Insufficient development of national transport system has begun to limit development of the whole economics as was marked at "RF transport strategy during period up to 2030".
It is supposed to use system activities in all transport branches to remove such barriers. Among purposes of transport strategy it is necessary to pay attention to "elimination of breaks and "narrow areas" of transport system, including Asian part of RF, creation of infrastructural conditions for development of potential points of economic increasing, including development of new territories and mineral resources (first of all in Siberia and at Far East), creation united and balanced system of national transport communications basing on differentiated development of all modes of transport passageways".
Dredging of 23 million cub. m capacity is carried out and 90 thousand coastal and floating marks are used to provide sailing safety onto internal RF waterways every year.
There were 2580 technical fleet vessels including 2510 ones that could be operated (88.1%) onto balance of state basin management departments of waterways and navigation. 2180 (approximately) technical fleet vessels are put into operation (86.8% of operated vessels or 76.5% of whole amount of vessels) to serve internal waterways every year.
During last 10 years amount of dredging vessels has decreased from 210 units down to 168 ones. Standard operating term of 119 vessels from 168 ones will end by the end of 2010. Standard operating term of 151 vessels will be exceeded by the end of 2015.
Repairs' carrying out and support into operational conditions of technical fleet vessels has also become a trouble that increases every year. These troubles are caused by following reasons:
• long term of operation. Average age of marine techniques is more than 30 years, corroded vessels' hulls, constant breakdown of equipment, mechanisms, separate details and construction units require to carry out a lot of repairs, hull works and stops of operational period;
• Specific character, environment and conditions of works with intensive and quick tear of dredging gadgets require to restore timely and to replace tear details;
• There are few shipyards and repair-operational bases that specializes onto these types of repair.
Limit tear is typical for such working mechanisms of dredger as main engines, dredger pump, dredger pipeline, dredging gadgets of multi-bucket dredgers, cable power routing, control equipment, etc. Dredgers often stop operation because of mechanisms' breaking caused by significant tear.
Automatic control systems of swing winches and bower winch, control of upper scoop gearing are required to be replaced for up-to-date equipment. Control equipment of dredging control mostly have moral and physical tear and require to be replaced, but nowadays this equipment are not produced by Russian factories.
There is a tendency of ageing of technical fleet vessels from year to year. Amount of these vessels has also been decreasing.
During last years amount of decommission ships has increased from 17 up to 38 per year. It is supposed to lose about third part of the vessels or 796 ones because of decommission basing on this tendency.
796 new technical fleet vessels will be needed for carrying out planning capacity of route-keeping works, subject to decommission of vessels from working core and vessels' renovation by 2015. This amount includes 81 vessels of dredging fleet, 125 ones of buoy fleet and 59 ones of ecological fleet.
It supposed to built 22 dredgers in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015".
Main approaches towards creation of new generation of dredging vessels with explanation of appearance and main decisions are offered in the report; also these vessels' line is grounded:
1.To use procedure of renovation and considerable re-equipment of existing dredgers with maximum replacement of up-to-date technological equipment instead of outdated ones for multi-bucket dredgers and dredging pumps with considerable capacity.
2. To build new non-self-propelled dredging pumps without crew's accommodation with up-to-date working equipment, including cutters for heavy soils and hydraulic fluffer for rare soils.
Line of river dredging vessels that is going to be built includes:
1. Self-propelled multi-bucket dredger with capacity of 600 cub. m per hour.
2. Non-self-propelled multi-bucket dredger with capacity of 250 cub. M per hour.
3. Self-propelled dredging pump with capacity of 1500 cub. m per hour.
4. Non-self-propelled dredging pump with capacity of 1000 cub. m per hour.
5. Non-self-propelled dredging pump with capacity of 650 cub. m per hour.
6. Non-self-propelled dredging pump with capacity of 350 cub. m per hour.