Discussion of next-generation dredgers' line at Council of river basin directors of RosMorRechFlot
On April 16, 2010 first meeting of Council of river basin directors was taken place in Federal Agency of the Maritime and River Transport of RF Ministry of Transport.
Report about proposed for building river dredgers' line was introduced at the meeting. Report was made by Nickolay Avtutov (prospective development director, chief designer of Marine Engineering Bureau).
Oleg Shakhmardanov (deputy chief of RosMorRechFlot), Sergey Lednitskiy (deputy director of Management of Internal Water Transport), Sergey Kostarev (chief of FSU "Kamvodput'", Vladimir Nikolaev (chief of Volgo-Baltic State Basin Management (SBM)), Sergey Ovchinnikov (chief of Ob'-Irtysh SBM), Yuri Dolzhenko (chief of Lena SBM), Gennadiy Egorov (general director of Marine Engineering Bureau) and other colleagues took place in active report debates.
Council has marked that more than 90% of Russian Technical Fleet vessels are moral obsolescent and physical out-of-repair, their automation systems are out-of-date, servicing of vessel gear requires large quantity of personnel. Mean age of river vessels approaches to 30 years boundary and still is increasing.
In terms of situation analysis, next decisions were suggested:
1. For bucket dredgers and hydraulic dredgers of high capacity it's proposed to apply method of renovation and deep modernization of existing dredgers with maximal replacement of out-of-date technical equipment for up-to-date ones in accordance with developed at Research Scientific Work (RSW) preliminary specifications of modernization bucket dredgers with capacity of 600 m³/h and 250 m³/h and also hydraulic dredgers with capacity of 1500 m³/h and 1000 m³/h.
2. To build new non-self-propelled hydraulic dredgers without crew living aboard with modern working equipment, including mills for work at hard ground and hydraulic ripper for light grounds in accordance to developed at RSW preliminary specifications of building new hydraulic dredgers with capacity of 1000 m³/h, 650 m³/h and 350 m³/h.
Proposed for building river dredgers' line includes:
1. Self-propelled bucket dredger with capacity of 600 m³/h (dredger of P36 project is a prototype).
2. Non-self-propelled bucket dredger with capacity of 250 m³/h (dredger of 92-035 project is a prototype).
3. Self-propelled hydraulic dredger with capacity of 1500 m³/h (dredger of 1-517-03 project is a prototype, with supporting capacity of 1500 m³/h at hard grounds with mill and 2500 m³/h at light grounds with slit-like nose piece).
4. Non-self-propelled hydraulic dredger with capacity of 1000 m³/h.
5. Non-self-propelled hydraulic dredger with capacity of 650 m³/h.
6. Non-self-propelled hydraulic dredger with capacity of 350 m³/h.