Working visit of Transport minister of Russian Federation Igor Levitin at Yaroslavl Shipyard
On 3 April, 2010 Minister ща Transport of Russian Federation Igor Levitin visited Yaroslavl Shipyard with working visit.
Minister of Transport personally acquainted with building progress of seagoing diving vessels of SDS08 project for Federal Agency of the Maritime and River Transport of RF Ministry of Transport in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015".
Head vessel of SDS08 project - "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" (building No is of 201) was laid down on 28 August, 2009. Forming of main hull is finished on this date (check photos).
Overall order readiness on 1 April 2010 is of 39.7%.
Second vessel in the series - "Rostov Velikiy" (building No is of 202) was laid down on 9 March, 2010. Overall order readiness is of 10%. Third, Fourth, Fifth blocks were formed on building berth, all hull sections were made.
Third vessel in the series - "Uglich" (building No is of 203) was laid down on 16 March, 2010. Overall order readiness is of 6%.
Classification design of SDS08 project was carried out by the Marine Engineering Bureau. Working and technologic documentation are developed by the PDB "Petrobalt" (Georgiy Taritsa is a general director).
Seagoing diving vessel of SDS08 project is building for FSUC State Maritime Salvage Department and is assigned for:
• providing of diving and underwater works on depth till 100 m and at sea state up to force 3;
• participation in salvage, ship-raising and underwater works in accordance with installed means;
• inspection of a sea-bottom, sink objects, underwater part of ship's hull and waterside structure's;
• providing of remote operated deep-water vehicle using at sea state up to force 4;
• inspection of a sea-bottom, underwater part of ships' hull and rudder propellers of vessels, underwater part of waterside structures and providing underwater works of divers;
• providing underwater welding on depth till 25 m and underwater cutting on depth till 100 m;
• lifting from depth till 100 m objects of weight till 2.0 t;
• soil man and its removal; water pumping from wrecking vessel;
• pontoons air blow;
• providing works with help of hydraulic tools; survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects.
SDS08 prj. seagoing diving vessel has Ice 2 class, inclined stem and transom aft end, long forecastle, deckhouse located fore. Vessel also has engine room located aft, diesel main engines, two controllable-pitch propellers and bow thruster. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall - 38.35 m.
Length between perpendiculars - 36.35 m;
Breadth overall - about 7,92 m;
Breadth (due waterline) - 7.70 m;
Design draught - 2.1 m;
Full speed - 11 kn;
Economical speed - 8 kn;
Main engines capacity - 2 x 420 kWt; Autonomy - 5 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is of KM Ice 2 R2 AUT3-C OMBO SDS<100.
Diving equipment consists of:
• pressure chamber for 4 divers;
• diving half-cone with control board;
• diving equipment with SUPERLITE helmet and DESCO ventilate helmet;
• diving equipment of universal "dry" type;
• divers' water-heater facilities;
• communication facilities;
• underwater illumination facilities;
• underwater television;
• underwater welding/cutting;
• hydraulic tools;
• pumping facilities;
• soil man facilities;
• remote-controlled underwater apparatus;
• diving ladder.