Yaroslavl Shipyard is carrying on building of head marine diving vessel of SDS08 project
Yaroslavl Shipyard (Vladimir Prudius is a general director) is carrying on building of head marine diving vessel of SDS08 project. Vessel's keel laying has taken place on August, 28, 2009.
The vessel (building No is 201) has been registered in Russian Chart of building vessels under number 30-0072.
Vessel's ship-owner is Federal Agency of the Maritime and River Transport of RF Ministry of Transport.
Classification design of SDS08 project was carried out by the Marine Engineering Bureau. Working and technologic documentation are developed by the PDB "Petrobalt" (Georgiy Taritsa is a general director).
On December 2, 2009 vessel was built on 18%.
There were mounted and welded 4 bottom sections, 8 board sections, 5 deck sections, enclosures, bulkheads, tanks, 6 superstructure sections. Bow and stern box are under forming.
Shipyard has started steel cutting for 5th start-up (wheelhouse, bulwark, mast). Manufacture of knights, reels, manholes has ended by on own machine-building plant.
92% of equipment have already been purchased.
As it was reported earlier, marine diving vessel of SDS08 project is building for FSUC State Maritime Salvage Department and is assigned for:
• providing of diving and underwater works on depth till 60 m and at sea state up to force 3;
• participation in salvage, ship-raising and underwater works in accordance with installed means;
• inspection of a sea-bottom, sink objects, underwater part of ship's hull and waterside structure's;
• providing of remote operated deep-water vehicle using at sea state up to force 4;
• inspection of a sea-bottom, underwater part of ships' hull and rudder propellers of vessels, underwater part of waterside structures and providing underwater works of divers;
• providing underwater welding on depth till 25 m and underwater cutting on depth till 60 m;
• lifting from depth till 60 m objects of weight till 2.0 t;
• soil man and its removal; water pumping from wrecking vessel;
• pontoons air blow;
• providing works with help of hydraulic tools; survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects.
SDS08 prj. seagoing diving vessel has Ice 2 class, inclined stem and transom aft end, long forecastle, deckhouse located fore. Vessel also has engine room located aft, diesel main engines, two controllable-pitch propellers and bow thruster. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall - 38.35 m.
Length between perpendiculars - 36.35 m;
Breadth overall - about 7,92 m;
Breadth (due waterline) - 7.70 m;
Design draught - 2.1 m;
Full speed - 11 kn;
Economical speed - 8 kn;
Main engines capacity - 2 x 420 kWt;
Autonomy - 5 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is of KM Ice 2 R2 AUT3-C OMBO SDS<100.
Diving equipment consists of:
• pressure chamber for 4 divers;
• diving half-cone with control board;
• diving equipment with SUPERLITE helmet and DESCO ventilate helmet;
• diving equipment of universal "dry" type;
• divers' water-heater facilities;
• communication facilities;
• underwater illumination facilities;
• underwater television;
• underwater welding/cutting;
• hydraulic tools;
• pumping facilities;
• soil man facilities;
• remote-controlled underwater apparatus;
• diving ladder.
According to second tender results, Yaroslavl shipyard will build not only the head vessel but also 2 more marine diving vessels of SDS08 project.