Nevskiy Shipyard continues building of lead multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj
OJSC "Nevskiy Shipyard" (Aleksandr Konovalov is a general director) carries out the building of multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj. for Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015".
As it is known, laying down of vessel's keel (building No. is of 701) was on September 22, 2009.
Hull's completing was 15% on 16.11.09. Hull consists of 64 sections, 3 ones were built and presented to the RS. There are 19 sections being built. Shipyard started the sections enlargement into blocks (see photos).
Technical project MPSV07 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj. has high ice class, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. Vessel has diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part of hull, two full-circle rudder propellers and bow thrusters. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
• Length overall - about 73.0 mm;
• Length between perpendiculars - 64.4 m;
• Breadth overall - about 16.6 m;
• Breadth (due waterline) - 15.5 m;
• Design draught - 4.5 m;
• Working draughts - 4.0-5.1 m;
• Full speed - 15 kn;
• Autonomy - 20 days;
• Bollard pull is about 70 tons.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj is to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m, and carrying out deep-sea diving works at the depth up to 300 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessel is equipped with diesel-electric propulsion gear that included 4 diesel-generators with summarized capacity of 5.48 MWt and 2 AC propulsion motors which provide operation of 2 full-circle rudder propellers with power of 2.06 MWt on each screw. Rudder propellers are equipped with fixed pitch propellers (diameter is of 2.6 m) in nozzles.
Vessel is equipped with two bow thrusters of "screw within tube" type with capacity of 995 kWt each. Bow thrusters together with two rudder propellers provide satisfying to DYNPOS-2 requirements for waves up to force 4, wind up to 10 meters per sec and current up to 3 kn.
Marine towage operations are provided by with aft located towage winch with pull effort of 70 t, and by towing hook (working load about 70 t) with automatic and remote release.
MPSV07 prj. vessel is equipped with high speed rescue boat for salvage party and salvage supply deliverance and for people collecting on the water surface.
Marine evacuate system is foreseen for people salvage from water surface. More over vessel is equipped with special life raft for rising people from water and with special net for mass people collecting on the water surface.
Two container placed diving complexes are foreseen:
• for works at the water depth up to 60 m (with underwater TV apparatus, underwater cutting and welding equipment);
• deep-sea diving complex with divers' possibility of long stay under pressure for depth up to 300 m.
Vessel is equipped with set of oil spill combating gauges. This set includes onboard trawl system, 2 brush type skimmers, 2 boom complexes of 250 m length each and 2 boom-handling boats.
Vessel is equipped with fire-fighting equipment for combating with fire on another vessels in accordance with requirements of symbol FF3 at class notation. Water curtain and spraying systems are also foreseen.
Places for receiving cargoes from helicopter are foreseen in the fore and aft ends. Also suffered men can be forwarded onboard helicopter.
Side-scan sonar device is foreseen onboard the vessel.
Roll damping system is foreseen for improving dwelling parameters.
2 knuckle boom cranes with outreach of 15.0 m and lifting capacity of 20 t are foreseen for lowering and lifting of boats, diving equipment and handling of oil spill combating equipment.
It is supposed to built 4 multifunction salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. in accordance with Federal purpose plan "Development of RF transport system for 2010-2015".