Tug boat of Norilskiy Nikel "Portoviy 1" was transported to the port of Dudinka
On November 1, 2009 tug boat "Portoviy 1" was transported to the port of Dudinka.
Tug boat unloading was carried out by floating crane "Sevastopolets-5". Tug boat mounting on shore was carried out by using specially designed keel blocks.
As was earlier reported, on October 25, 2009 tug boat of TG04 prj. "Portoviy 1" had been successfully loaded onto hatch cover of the third hold of diesel-electric vessel "Norilskiy Nikel".
On October 26 "Norilskiy Nikel" departed for Dudinka.
The shallow water tug (building No. 701) was built at "Nizhegorodsky Teplokhod" shipyard (Bor, Nizhniy Novgorod).
The TG04 project was designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau (MEB).
Tug is assigned for Polar branch of OJSC "MMC "Norilskiy Nikel".
New tug boat is going facilitate vessels' mooring. Particularly she will fulfill works as follows:
• roadstead- maneuvering works with river going vessels and floating cranes;
• auxiliary works such as berthing, unberthing, handling of barges and vessels;
• vessels' placing in backwater during spring flood;
• ice-breaking works in the port of Dudinka during autumn period;
• placing of non-self propelled fleet for winter stand (placing over a distance from berth in autumn ice with holding until vessel freezes in.
Tug "Portoviy-1" (building number is of 701) was laid down on 12.09.08. It was launched on 27.08.09. Sea trials were finished on 07.09.09. The vessel was put into operation on 17.09.09.