China built bulk carrier with deadweight of 17 795 tons was re-equipped
On June 7, 2009 Russian Maritime Register of Shipping accepted to the class new bulk carrier "OBAHAN C" with deadweight of 17 795 tons. The vessel was built in China and was re-equipped according to the Marine Engineering Bureau BC48 project.
The vessel was being originally built under the supervision of Maritime Chinese Administration for carrying out coastal voyages between the ports of PRC.
The vessel was got unrestricted sailing region and conventional documents of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping after re-equipment.
Vessel was built at Zheijang Hongsheng Shipbuilding Co LTD., China.
Flag is of Panama.
Canbaz Denizcilik ve Nak.San..Tic.Ltd.Sti. (Turkey) is a ship-owner.
Vessel is assigned for transportation of general and bulk cargoes, including grain and dangerous goods.
After re-equipment according to the BC48 project motor ship "OBAHAN C" was got the following characteristics:
• Russian Maritime Register of Shipping class notation is of (KM) Bulk carrier (ESP);
• overall length is of 149.93 m;
• length between perpendiculars is of 141.00 m;
• breadth is of 21.60 m;
• depth is of 11.65 m;
• deadweight is of 17 795 tons when the draught is of 8.5;
• summarized 4 holds' capacity is of 23 213 cub. m;
• cruising speed is of 11.9 kn during main engine capacity is of 2970 kWt;
• summarized capacity of ballast tanks is of 5 844 cub. m;
• power plant consists of two main diesel-generators with capacity of 250 kWt each, harbor diesel-generator with capacity of 75 kWt and emergency diesel-generator with capacity of 75 kWt;
• autonomy is of 30 days;
• crew consists of 18 persons (20 places).
Contract for "OBAHAN C" building was signed on February 2, 2006. The vessel's building was completed in April, 2009. RS documents were given out on 07.07.09.