The continuance of TG04 prj. icebreaking tug building for OJSC "Norilskiy Nikel"
"Nizhniy Novgorod" shipyard (Bor, Nizhniy Novgorod) continues building of TG04 prj. small draught icebreaking tug (building No. 701).
The steel hull readiness reaches 90% on 16.01.09 (see photos).
Main equipment is bought and delivered to the shipyard.
The common readness of the tug is about 40%.
Vessel is assigned for Polar branch of OJSC "Norilskiy Nikel".
The TG04 project was designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau (MEB).
Self-propelled dry-cargo vessels and tankers and also non-self-propelled barges have been usually built for river and river-sea going transportations for last years. These objects directly transport the cargo ("earn").
At the same time existing tug-boat fleet continues becoming out of date steadily. There were 55 vessels with the age up to 10 years, 110 vessels with the age from 10 to 15 years, 972 vessels with the age from 15 to 20 years, 2517 (!!!) vessels with the age from 20 to 30 years and 3119 (!!!) vessels with the age more than 30 years with the RRR class at the beginning of 2008.
The tug boat of TG04 prj. the first vessel of the river tug-boats new generation that will be built for operation into Russian internal waterways. She will replace the tug boat with the 1969 building year in the auxiliary fleet of "Norilskiy Nikel" in the port of Dudinka.
The TG04 prj. tug boat is assigned for canting works in the port waters and for transport tugging within the roads of the port of Dudinka.
Sailing regions are basins and mouth reach of the rivers with sea navigation regime of "O" class.
The vessel can be operated at sea roughness with wave height no more than 2.0 m with 1% probability.
Design temperature of outdoor air is of +25°C with humidity of 60% in summer and -30°C in winter with humidity of 80%, the water temperature is from +20°C down to 0°C correspondingly.
The vessel can be withdrawn from operation by her freezing in ice for 6 months without ER and everyday quarters warming-up.
Putting into operation after winter staying is carried out with negative outdoor air temperature (down to -20°C) and with positive temperature (provided by electrical air heater) in ER.
Tug-boat is a steel, single-deck, double-screw motorship with upper deck shoulder, with superstructure and ER located in the middle, with ice-breaker type stem. Wheelhouse is located in front of ER cape. Living quarters and office accommodations are located in the middle under wheelhouse. The wheelhouse was mounted with all-around looking and with minimal shading zones.
The project was designed for RRR class notation of O 2.0 (ice 30) A.
Overall length is of 20.45 m, length (due design draught) is of 18.50 m, overall breadth is of 6.56 m, breadth (due design draught) is of 6.00 m, depth is of 3.70 m, depth in the region of upper deck shoulder is of 4.40 m, design draught is of 1.80 m.
Bollard pull is of 6.5 tons.
Disk-shaped towing hook of "Mampaey" company (towing force is of 7 tons) is a towing gear, mounted on ER cape. It can be removed automatically and remotely from wheelhouse.
Anchor-mooring-towing winch of "Adria Winch" company is mounted at fore part of main deck for canting operations fulfilling. Basic pulling effort of tow winch is of 50 kN for the first layer of drum, maximum pulling effort is of 75 kN for the first layer.
Rope capacity of tow winch drum is of 100 m of synthetic rope with diameter of 48 mm.
Two fast-speed diesels produced by "Scania" (main engine) are of 221 kWt each. (it is foreseen the possibility of engine work during 1 hour with load of 110% of basic capacity).
Heavy fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in area of the ER fore bulkhead.
Following measures were taken to prevent the environmental pollution in accordance with RRR Rules:
• store tanks for fuel, lub oil and bilge waters are carried out without contact with hull plating;
• closed receiving and discharge of the fuel and lub oil through deck bushings and transition pipes is carried out. Deck bushings and transition pipes are located in special receiving station and are provided with international model flanges;
• pans are mounted under fuel pumps, filters and sample valves. Discharge from pans is carried out into oil waste tank;
• pans are mounted under the flanges of fuels and lubricants oils' receiving and delivery and under the flange of bilge waters discharge;
• fuel service tank is provided with overflow pipe;
• store fuel tanks are provided with upper level signaling;
• bilge drying of ER and steering compartment is carried out into bilge tank;
• discharge of vessel's accumulated bilge waters is carried out to coastal facilities through standard flange, mounted on main deck;
• fuel separation's oil sludge is collected and discharged to coastal facilities through special system;
• armature of drainage system is sealed to prevent piping of the oil-containing waters overboard;
• sewage and domestic waters' systems are of closed type, all these waters from plumbing fixture and scuppers of compartments are forwarded to the sewage tank;
• discharge of sewage waters to coastal and floating tanks is carried out by vessel's equipment through special deck bushing with standard flange mounted on deck;
• pipes and sewage waters' discharge hoses can be flushed out;
• containers with necessary capacity are mounted onboard for gathering of garbage, plastic, food, waste products and oiled rags.
Cruising speed with draught (due design draught) of 1.8 m and 90% MDC is about 10.0 kn.
Two diesel generators produced by "Volvo Penta" (auxiliary power plant) are of 62 kWt each, located in the ER.
Two opened fixed-pitch propellers are cast steel, with 4 blades, with diameter of 1.2 m, with pitch ratio of 0.793 and blade-area ratio of 0.65.
Dock weight of the tug is about of 100 tons. Fixed eyebolts for straps mounting are foreseen are for tug lifting by floating crane.
Vessel's fuel autonomy is of 3.3 days, water autonomy is of 4.8 days.
Crew consists of 6 persons.
Special room for crew rest two-layer bed is foreseen. There are room for food warming, bathroom unit with the toilet and during room.
Designed vessel hull's life term is of 15 years. Steel of vessel's hull is of D category.
Vessels hull is of transverse framing system type. Transverse frame-spacing is of 400 mm along the whole vessel's length. Floors are mounted on every frame-spacing. Four main water-tight transverse bulkheads are foreseen.
Rubber fender bars are mounted by vessel's sides; that allows to serve even tankers. Cylindrical rubber fenders are additionally mounted fore and aft, tyres are used as hanging fenders onto the vessel's sides.
Keel of tug-boat of TG04 prj. (building number is of 701) was laid down on 12.09.08. It is supposed to put into operation in September, 2009.