British Royal Society RINA has included the PV300 project passenger vessel "Mustai Karim" in Significant Ships of 2020
The British Royal Society of Naval Architects (RINA - Royal Institution of Naval Architects) has published a list with descriptions of the best ships of 2020 (Significant Ships of 2020) for the 30th anniversary.
Among the fifty vessels of various purposes, types and sizes (from sea cruise liners and ferries to supertankers, container ships and car carriers), selected by the world's oldest shipbuilding community, the passenger vessel of the PV300 project "Mustai Karim", designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau, was included. Krasnoe Sormovo (general director Mikhail Pershin) for the Vodokhod company (general director Rishat Bagautdinov).
According to the conditions adopted in RINA, experts study only the lead (for each shipyard) vessels that were put into operation last year. "Mustai Karim" is in the company of such vessels as:
• the world's first and first for Lindblad Expeditions, an ultra-luxury National Geographic Endurance expedition vessel with 126 passengers, built in accordance with the Polar Code (PC5);
• the first in the series and the first for Virgin Voyages passenger ship "Scarlet Lady" with a passenger capacity of 3212 people;
• CMA CGM Jacques Saade, the first in the world with a length of 399.9 m, a large-tonnage ULCS-type container ship for 23,122 containers, operating on LNG;
• the world's largest, 399.9 m long, large-tonnage container ship of the ULCS type for 23964 containers "HMM Algeciras";
• 4 generation VLCC Malaccamax class "Fujisan Maru" oil tanker for transportation of petroleum products with deadweight of 312499 tons (maximum possible dimensions of a vessel for passage through the Strait of Malacca);
• the first 7990 DWT LNG bunkering vessel for Singapore "Marine Vicky";
Together with m/v "Mustai Karim" already TWELVE times the vessels designed by the Marine Engineering Bureau are marked as Significant Ships:
2007 - dry cargo vessel of RSD17 project, Krasnoe Sormovo;
2007 - dry cargo vessel of RSD19 project, Volgograd shipyard;
2012 - tanker of RST27 project, Krasnoe Sormovo;
2012 - dry cargo vessel of RSD49 project, Nevsky Plant;
2013 - tanker of RST25 project, Zelenodolsk plant;
2013 - tanker of project RST27, Kherson shipyard;
2014 - combined vessel (dry-cargo tanker) of RST54 project, Okskaya shipyard;
2017 - chemical tanker of project RST27M, Krasnoe Sormovo;
2018 - dry cargo vessel of RSD59 project, Krasnoe Sormovo;
2019 - dry cargo vessel of RSD32M project, Okskaya shipyard;
2019 - chemical tanker of RST12C project, Baku plant;
2020 - passenger vessel of PV300 project, Krasnoe Sormovo.
"Mustai Karim" of PV300 project of "Vodokhod" company is the FIRST, built in 60 years at domestic shipyards, river cruise passenger ship with a passenger capacity of 329 people.
The project of this vessel, which seemed fantastic, was created in 2010-2015 by the Marine Engineering Bureau by order of the Federal Agency for Maritime and River Transport of Russia within the framework of the Federal Target Program "Development of Civil Marine Engineering for 2009-2016" (state customer - program coordinator - Ministry industry and trade of the Russian Federation).
On the night of August 28-29, 2020, the PV300 project vessel "Mustai Karim" became the first cruise vessel to pass with passengers across the bridges on the Neva in St. Petersburg.
The purpose of this option on a cruise is to be based on the English embankment in the city center.
The construction of the PV300 project cruise vessel was performed at the Krasnoye Sormovo shipyard in accordance with the trilateral contract signed in January 2017 - Krasnoe Sormovo, Vodokhod and the captive leasing company Mashpromleasing.
The four-deck cruise liner of the PV300 project is designed for 329 passengers, accommodated in comfortable cabins from 19 to 46 sq. meters.
The vessel has "all the attributes of a five-star hotel", including supporting passenger infrastructure.
Keel of the PV300 project passenger vessel "Mustai Karim" was laid down on March 28, 2017. Launched on September 11, 2019. Put into operation on August 03, 2020.