7MW multipurpose MPSV06 rescue vessel "Beringov Proliv" took part in oil spill exercises at the water area of the port of Murmansk
As to site of Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot, on 18.12.2019 the 7 MW multipurpose MPSV06 rescue vessel "Beringov Proliv" of Icebreaker 6 class (built in 2015) participated in the oil spill exercises concerning bunker operations at the territory of the port of Murmansk.
In the southern part of the Kola Bay at the water area of the port of Murmansk on 18.12.2019 a trials with participating of salvors of Northern Branch of FBE "Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot". The trials were carried out before accepting the Plan of oil spill prevention and eliminating during effecting bunker operations by vessels of LLC "Concord-Bunker" at water areas of marine ports of Murmansk, Kandalaksha and Sabetta.
Forces of the Northern Branch of FBE "Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot" participated in the exercises, as follows: MPSV06 rescue vessel "Murman", firefighting vessel "Chasovoy", roads diver boat "Vodolaz Sazonov", rescue boom craft "Anatoliy Veretekhin", craft "Akvamaran 470" and specialized rescue formations with oil spill equipment.
During the trials, salvors of the Northern Branch of Marine Rescue Service worked together with staff of LLC "Concord-Bunker". Alarm of cooperated organizations was tried out for the situation oil spill localization and eliminating. Also the order of reports and messages was tried out.
Vessels' crews and rescue formations honed their action concerning liminating the after-effects of marine accidents and associated oil spills. They tried out technology of booms deployment and oil spill recovery by skimmers, onboard oil trawl system Lamor (from MPSV06 "Murman") and other specialized equipment. Company's specialist practiced in control of forces and equipment. Readiness and sufficiency of oil spill forces and equipment foreseen by Company's oil spills recovery Plans were confirmed.
All exercises' aims were worked out and set salvors' tasks were fully fulfilled; high grade readiness of specialists of the Northern Branch of Marine Rescue Service confirmed.
MPSV06 vessel "Murman" was built in 2015 for FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot" by "Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH" (Wismar, Germany).
FSE "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency (RosMorRechFlot) of RF Ministry of Transport is a Customer.
Technical project MPSV06 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau. Plan Approval Documentation (class project) for the vessel was issued by engineering center of "Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH".
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage ice-breaker vessel "Murman" has Icebreaker 6 class and unrestricted area of navigation; she has ice-breaker stem and cruiser aft end, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. There are also has diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part of hull, two Azipod units and bow thrusters. Vessel's main particulars are as follows:
Length overall is about 87.75 m;
Breadth overall is about 19.10 m;
Breadth is 18.50 m;
Depth is 9.00 m;
Draught is 6.52 m;
Full speed is 15 kn;
Crew consists of 22 seamen including 2 medics;
Special personal includes 12 people;
Autonomy is 30 days.
RS class notation is KM Icebreaker 6 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF2WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage vessel should carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help operations for vessels;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• fulfillment of ice-breaker operations in port and near-port areas, also in frozen non-arctic seas when ice thickness is less than 1.5 m;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C.;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Keel of the lead MPSV06 vessel (at Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH) "Beringov Proliv", building No. 217, was laid down on 12.11.13. She was launched 21.09.2014 and accepted for operation on 10.10.2015.
Keel of second vessel "Murman", building No. 218, was laid down on 12.11.13. She was launched 21.09.2014 and accepted for operation on 22.11.2015.