Nevskiy Shipyard is building up afloat the third multipurpose RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Haly" of 7678 t deadweight
Nevskiy Shipyard (general director Evgeniy Kuznetsov) is building up afloat the third multipurpose RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Haly" of 7678 t deadweight (building No. 593).
RSD59 vessel "Pola Gali" was launched on 01.04.19.
PJSE "State Leasing Transport Company" is a customer, the shipping company "Pola Rise" is a lessee.
In total, five RSD59 multipurpose dry-cargo vessels were ordered at Nevskiy Shipyard.
The source of the photo materials is Nevskiy Shipyard.
The RSD59 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
RSD59 vessels refer to the "Volga-Don Max" type due to MEB internal classification. They have maximum possible dimensions for the Volga-Don Canal.
Vessels of the series can be operated for transportation of general, bulk, timber, grain and large-sized cargoes, dangerous goods of 1.4S, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.1, 8, 9 classes of IMDG Code and cargoes of category B of IMSBC Code. Sailing regions are Mediterranean, Caspian, Black, Baltic, White, North Seas, including voyages around Europe and to Irish Sea in winter.
The new dry-cargo project RSD59, which is constructed in "super-full" ship lines with two dry cargo holds, one of which has a record length for Volgo-Don Max vessels, is the successor of the three-hold RSD49 series.
Advantages of the RSD59 project in comparison with the best of the previously constructed dry cargo vessels of the Volga-Don Max class of the RSD49 project:
• the existence of a long L = 77.35 m hold (RSD49 vessel has L = 52 m cargo hold ) that allows transportation of oversized and heavy cargo; this is relevant for the market of the Caspian region countries;
• the hold's height is increased up to 9000 mm, that is 620 mm bigger than for RSD49 project. Such height allows to load 9'6'' containers ("high cube containers"), 3 ones in single stack;
• deadweight at draught of 3.60 m is 5271 t (RSD49 has 4507 t), increase is 764 t;
• deadweight at a draught of 4.20 m 6896 tons (RSD49 project - 6021 tons), increased by 875 t;
• deadweight at the maximum draught of 4.53 m is 7679 t (RSD49 has 7143 t at maximum draught of 4.70 m ), increase is 536 t;
• removable type hatch covers are installed. Opening and closing of each section is operated with the help of a special frame crane, which is located in the area of the front bulkhead of the residential superstructure;
• movement and controllability are provided by two rudder propeller units (better maneuverability in the narrow waters, more cargo space due to the reduction of size of engine room).
Existence of the big 77,35 m cargo hold allows transportation of large-sized cargoes in direct voyages from Europe to Caspian Sea; such point should significantly increase economic effect of vessels' operation.
The project is designed for a class notation تج Ice2 R2 AUT1-ICS of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping and meets all the requirements of international conventions acted at the moment of the vessel's keel laying.
In this case RSD59 (and RSD79) vessels deadweight are the largest of dry cargo vessels satisfying the dimensions of the Volga-Don shipping channel.
With a draft of 3.60 m characteristic for the VDSC river deadweight is 5271 tons, the largest deadweight at sea with a draft of 4.53 m is 7678 tons.
The maximum length is 141.0 m, the overall width is 16.98 m, depth is 6.00 m.
The capacity of cargo holds is 11400 cubic m.
Both cargo holds are box-shaped, smooth-walled, and convenient at cargo operations and placing the goods without stowage. Their dimensions are: 77.35 x 12.25 x 9.0 m and 27.03 x 12.25 x 9.0 m.
The operating speed is 10.5 knots.
Two medium-speed diesels (main engine) of 1200 kW each use heavy fuel oil with viscosity of IFO380. Heavy fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in area of the ER fore bulkhead, separated from outside water by double bottom and double sides.
Sea sailing autonomy is 20 day.
Crew consists of 11 people, total places onboard are 14. Sanitary and pilot cabins are provided.
Designed vessel hull's life term is 24 years. The double bottom is designed for distributed load with intensity of 12 tons per square meter, and also allows to use 16 t bucket grab.
Keel of the lead vessel (at Nevskiy shipyard) of RSD59 prj. (building No. 591) "Pola Anatoliya" was laid down on 18.05.17. She was launched on 05.07.18 and accepted for operation on 18.12.2018.
Keel of the second vessel (building No. 592) "Pola Anfisa" was laid down on 25.05.17. She was launched on 13.11.18 and accepted for operation on 20.05.2019.
Keel of the third vessel (building No. 593) "Pola Gali" was laid down on 12.11.17. She was launched on 01.04.19.
Keel of the fourth vessel (building No. 594) "Pola Callista" was laid down on 22.12.17.
Keel of the fifth vessel (building No. 595) "Pola Kiriena" was laid down on 02.07.18.