The readiness of the head CNF18C "Azerbaijan" railway-car-passengers ferryboat (building No. 108) is 76%
Baku Shipyard is completing construction of the head CNF18C "Azerbaijan" railway-car-passengers ferryboat for Caspian Sea lines.
CJSE "Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company" is a customer.
CNF18C project is designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
The readiness of the head CNF18C "Azerbaijan" railway-car-passengers ferryboat (building No. 108) is 76%. Vessel is ready for launching. Accepting for operation is foreseen for end of 2019.
The readiness of the second ferryboat "Academic Zarifa Alieva" (building No. 109) is 48%.
New "open type" CNF18C ferryboat is assigned for transportation of 56 railway wagons with 1520 mm track breadth and motor trucks (50 car trains), including ones with dangerous goods and passengers (estimation of 2 passengers for each car train). Ferryboat's construction foresees aft cargo handling scheme and is equipped with side ramp for loading/unloading vehicles from/to usual berth.
CNF18C vessel is able for dangerous cargo transportation on the open upper deck in accordance with International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code) and national Maritime Dangerous Goods Transportation Regulation (MOPOG Rules).
Advantages of the new CNF18C ferryboat comparing with existing ones:
• general capacity for T-1 railway wagons (length between coupling gauges of 12020 mm) is 56 units (not more than 54 at existing vessels);
• rails are placed below deck lever;
• open deck accelerates and facilitates loading/unloading processes and also positively influences onto shipping safety;
• availability of the side ramp for loading/unloading vehicles onto berths provides work not only at usual railway berths but also at ordinary dry cargo berths of sufficient length;
• cargo hold's height (5400 mm) allows to transport high wagons in the holds (existing ferryboats have hold of 5000 mm height);
• cargo elevator's length of 25 m provides two railway tracks loading/unloading of railway wagons and Ro-Ro cargoes of 188 t total weight from upper deck to lower one, including 11-935F platforms of 19620 mm length with 3 TEU (existing ferryboats have cargo elevator of 14540 mm length and 170 t lifting capacity);
• 100 passengers may be placed and transported onboard the vessel. Simultaneously transportation of passengers and dangerous cargoes is foreseen according to dangerous goods transportation regulations.
In general CNF18C ferryboat is automobile-railway-passenger one with bulbous fore end and transom aft end, with excess freeboard, with deck-house located fore, with engine room located aft, with twin-screw diesel propulsion plant, with stern and bow thrusters, with two cargo decks.
Vessel's capacity for T-1 railway wagons with length between coupling gauges of 12020 mm (4 axes) is 56 units; for length between coupling gauges of 13920 mm (4 axes) is 46 units; for length between coupling gauges of 14730 mm (4 axes) is 44 units. Total tracking length is 688 m.
Vessel's capacity for trucks with semitrailers (total length 12.0-13.5 m) is 50 car trains. Linear dimension is 900 m.
The upper deck is designed for transportation of wagons or tank wagons of 94 t on any railway lines.
Permissible load of wheeled vehicles on the axle is as follows: 12 t for 4 wheels on the axle; 10 t for 2 wheels on the axle.
Cargo elevator for two railway tracks with capacity of 188 t (25 m length) is foreseen for loading/unloading railway wagons and Ro-Ro cargoes from upper deck to lower deck.
Cabins are foreseen for passengers' arrangement, as follows: 2 enhanced double cabins with toilet and 24 double cabins (converted into 4-places ones) with toilet.
Set of compartments are foreseen for passengers, as follows: duty-free shop, interne cafe, game-playing machines saloon with bar, 50 places restaurant, smoking-room; medical rooms (medical block) which include physician room / outpatient clinic, single-place hospital and single-place isolation ward.
Range of sailing is 2500 miles. Vessel's autonomy is: 10 day due to fuel and lub. oils reserve (for running regime). Fresh water/provision autonomy is 5 days.
Power plant consists of:
• main unit which includes two diesel engines of 2600 kW maximal continuous rate each at 1000 r.p.m, engines rotate 2 FPP (right and left ones) through reverse-reduction gears;
• auxiliary unit which includes four diesels generators of 300 KW electric output and single emergency diesels generator of 300 KW electric output.
Vessel's speed is not less than 14 kn at 85% of ME output.
The following fuel oil are used: HFO IFO380 with viscosity 380 cSt at 50°C for ME and boiler; MDO with flash point > 60°C for all diesel-generators.
Bow and stern thrusters of "screw in a tube" type with FPP are foreseen for increasing of low speed controllability during passing narrows and during mooring. Driving power of thruster is 350 KW, propellers' diameter is 1090 mm.
Two marine evacuation systems (MES) with closed inflatable living raft and evacuation pipe for ensuring access to the raft are arranged by sides. Accepted evacuation rate is 582 people per 30 minutes.
Keel of the head CNF18C vessel "Azerbaijan" (building No. 108) was laid down on 09.12.2017.
Keel of the second vessel "Academic Zarifa Alieva" (building No. 109) was laid down on 04.03.2018.