Nevskiy Shipyard put into operation the second RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Anfisa" of 7678 t deadweight
On 20.05.2019 Nevsky Shipyard (general director Evgeniy Kuznetsov) put into operation it's the second multipurpose RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Anfisa" of 7678 t deadweight (building No.592).
The customer is PJSE "State Leasing Transport Company", the lessee is the shipping company "Pola Rise".
Krasnoe Sormovo Shipyard has already built 5 multipurpose RSD59 dry cargo vessels.
The source of the photo materials is the site of Nevsky Shipyard.
The RSD59 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
RSD59 vessels refer to the "Volga-Don Max" type due to MEB internal classification. They have maximum possible dimensions for the Volga-Don Canal.
Vessels of the series can be operated for transportations of general, bulk, timber, grain and large-sized cargoes, dangerous goods of 1.4S, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.1, 8, 9 classes of IMDG Code and cargoes of category B of IMSBC Code. Sailing regions are Mediterranean, Caspian, Black, Baltic, White, North Seas, including voyages around Europe and to Irish Sea in winter.
The new dry-cargo project RSD59, which is constructed in "super-full" ship lines with two dry cargo holds, one of which has a record length for Volgo-Don Max vessels, is the successor of the three-hold RSD49 series.
Advantages of the RSD59 project in comparison with the best of the previously constructed dry cargo vessels of the Volga-Don Max class of the RSD49 project (by the example of m/v "Pola Fiva" with increased marine function):
• the existence of a long L = 77.35 m hold (RSD49 vessel has L = 52 m cargo hold ) that allows transportation of oversized and heavy cargo; this is relevant for the market of the Caspian region countries;
• the hold's height is increased up to 9000 mm, that is 620 mm bigger than for RSD49 project. Such height allows to load 9'6'' containers ("high cube containers"), 3 ones in single stack;
• deadweight at draught of 3.60 m is 5271 t (RSD49 has 4507 t), increase is 764 t;
• deadweight at a draught of 4.20 m 6896 tons (RSD49 project has 6021 t), increased by 875 t;
• deadweight at the maximum draught of 4.53 m is 7678 t (RSD49 has 7143 t at maximum draught of 4.70 m ), increase is 535 t;
• removable type hatch covers are installed. Opening and closing of each section is operated with the help of a special frame crane, which is located in the area of the front bulkhead of the residential superstructure;
• movement and controllability are provided by two rudder propeller units (better maneuverability in the narrow waters, more cargo space due to the reduction of size of engine room).
Existence of the big 77.35 m cargo hold allows transportation of large-sized cargoes in direct voyages from Europe to Caspian Sea; such point should significantly increase economic effect of vessels' operation.
The project is designed for a class notation KM Ice2 R2 AUT1-ICS of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping and meets all the requirements of international conventions acted at the moment of the vessel's keel laying.
In this case, RSD59 and RSD79 vessels' deadweight is the largest for dry cargo vessels satisfying the dimensions of the Volga-Don Shipping Channel.
For characteristic for the VDSC draught of 3.60 m, river deadweight is 5320 t; the largest marine deadweight for draught 4.706 m is 8144 t.
The maximum length is 141.0 m, the overall width is 16.98 m, depth is 6.00 m.
The capacity of cargo holds is 11400 cubic m.
Both cargo holds are box-shaped, smooth-walled, and convenient at cargo operations and placing the goods without stowage. Their dimensions are 77.35 x 12.25 x 9.0 m and 27.03 x 12.25 x 9.0 m.
The operating speed is 10.5 knots.
Two medium-speed diesels (main engine) of 1200 kW each use heavy fuel oil with viscosity of IFO380 Heavy fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in area of the ER fore bulkhead, separated from outside water by double bottom and double sides.
Sea sailing autonomy is 20 day.
Crew consists of 11 people, total places onboard are 14. Sanitary and pilot cabins are provided.
Designed vessel hull's life term is 24 years. The double bottom is designed for distributed load with intensity of 12 tons per square meter, and also allows to use 16 t bucket grab.
Keel of the RSD59 lead vessel (at Nevsky Shipyard) "Pola Anatolia" (building No. 591) was laid down on 18.05.17. She was launched on 05.07.18 and accepted for operation on 18.12.18.
Keel of the second vessel "Pola Anfisa" (building No. 592) was laid down on 25.05.17. She was launched on 13.11.18 and accepted for operation on 20.05.19.
Keel of the third vessel "Pola Gali" (building No. 593) was laid down on 12.11.17.
Keel of the fourth vessel "Pola Callista" (building No. 594) was laid down on 22.12.17.
Keel of the fifth vessel "Pola Kyriena" (building No. 595) was laid down on 02.07.18.