Krasnoye Sormovo Shipyard put in to operation third RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Sofia" of 7709 t deadweight
On the 8th of August 2018, Krascnoye Sormovo Shipyard located in Nizhny Novgorod put in to operation second multipurpose RSD59 dry cargo vessel "Pola Sofia" with deadweight of 7779 t (building No. 06003).
The customer is PJSE "State Leasing Transport Company", the lessee is the shipping company "Pola Rise". In total, five RSD59 multipurpose dry-cargo vessels were ordered at Krasnoye Sormovo Shipyard and five more vessels were ordered at Nevsky Shipyard.ordered at Nevsky Shipyard.
The RSD59 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
RSD59 vessels refer to the "Volga-Don Max" type due to MEB internal classification. They have maximum possible dimensions for the Volga-Don Canal.
Vessels of the series can be operated for transportations of general, bulk, timber, grain and large-sized cargoes, dangerous goods of 1.4S, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.1, 8, 9 classes of IMDG Code and cargoes of category B of BC Code. Sailing regions are Mediterranean, Caspian, Black, Baltic, White, North Seas, including voyages around Europe and to Irish Sea in winter.
The new dry-cargo project RSD59, which is constructed in "super-full" ship lines with two dry cargo holds, one of which has a record length for Volgo-Don Max vessels, is the successor of the three-hold RSD49 series.
Advantages of the RSD59 project in comparison with the best of the previously constructed dry cargo vessels of the Volga-Don Max class of the RSD49 project:
• the existence of a long L = 77.35 m hold (RSD49 vessel has L = 52 m cargo hold ) that allows transportation of oversized and heavy cargo; this is relevant for the market of the Caspian region countries;
• the hold's height is increased up to 9000 mm, that is 620 mm bigger than for RSD49 project. Such height allows to load 9'6'' containers ("high cube containers"), 3 ones in single stack;
• deadweight at draught of 3.60 m is 5320 t (RSD49 has 4507 t), increase is 813 t;
• deadweight at a draught of 4.20 m 6945 tons (RSD49 project - 6021 tons), increased by 924 t;
• deadweight at the maximum draught of 4.53 m is 7709 t (RSD49 has 7143 t at maximum draught of 4.70 m ), increase is 566 t;
• removable type hatch covers are installed. Opening and closing of each section is operated with the help of a special frame crane, which is located in the area of the front bulkhead of the residential superstructure;
• movement and controllability are provided by two rudder propeller units (better maneuverability in the narrow waters, more cargo space due to the reduction of size of engine room).
The project is designed for a class notation KM Ice2 R2 AUT1-ICS of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping and meets all the requirements of international conventions acted at the moment of the vessel's keel laying.
At the same time, according to the displacement of the RSD59 vessels, they are by far the largest of dry cargo vessels satisfying the dimensions of the Volga-Don shipping channel.
With a draft of 3.60 m characteristic for the VDSK river deadweight is 5320 tons, the largest deadweight at sea with a draft of 4.53 m is 7709 tons.
The maximum length is 141.0 m, the overall width is 16.98 m, depth is 6.00 m.
The capacity of cargo holds is 11400 cubic m.
Both cargo holds are box-shaped, smooth-walled, and convenient at cargo operations and placing the goods without stowage. Their dimensions are 77.35 x 12.25 x 9.0 m and 27.03 x 12.25 x 9.0 m.
The operating speed is 10.5 knots.
Two medium-speed diesels (main engine) of 1200 kW each use heavy fuel oil with viscosity of IFO380 Heavy fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in area of the ER fore bulkhead, separated from outside water by double bottom and double sides.
Sea sailing autonomy is 20 day.
Crew consists of 11 people, total places onboard are 14. Sanitary and pilot cabins are provided.
Designed vessel hull's life term is 24 years. The double bottom is designed for distributed load with intensity of 12 tons per square meter, and also allows to use 16 t bucket grab.
Keel of the lead vessel (at Krasnoe Sormovo Shipyard) of RSD59 prj. (building No. 06001) "Pola Makaria" was laid down on 05.09.17. She was launched on 20.04.18. accepted for operation on 24.05.2018.
Keel of the second vessel ""(building No. 06002) was laid down on 19.09.17. She was launched on 08/06/2018. Accepted for operation on 05.07.2018.
Keel of the third vessel ""(building No. 06003) was laid down on 25.09.17. She was launched on 12.07.2018. Accepted for operation on 08.08.2018.
Keel of the fourth vessel ""(building No. 06004) was laid down on 20.12.17.
Keel of the fifth vessel ""(building No. 06005) was laid down on 25.12.17.