4 MW MPSV07 multipurpose salvage vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" took part in complex rescue exercise at Sakhalin
According to the Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot, on the 30th of June 2018 multipurpose salvage MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" took part in exercises according to the Oil Spill Response Plan of Gazpromneft-Sakhalin. The exercises included firefighting at the floating drilling rig and oil spill eliminating on the northeastern part of the shelf of is. Sakhalin and on island's the coastline; oil spill took part during construction of prospecting well N1 of Bautinsk area at the Ayashsk region of Gazpromneft-Sakhalin.
The following subdivisions took part in the exercises:
• operative-duty service;
• boom crafts Artic-850 è ÌÑÑ-03;
• rescue subdivision with oil spill equipment.
The following activities took place during exercises:
• tryout of cooperation between the forces involved;
• tryout of search and rescue of people in distress at sea;
• tryout of fire extinguishing on the floating drilling rig by MPSV07 vessel's monitors;
• formation of oil spill order and preparing of oil booms for usage;
• usage of oil spill systems at sea and on the shoreline.
Exercises were worked out successfully, all aims were worked out and set tasks were fulfilled.
"Spasatel Kavdeykin" is a unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of "State Marine Emergency Salvage, Rescue and Pollution Prevention Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" (FBE SMPCSA). Vessels of the series "Spasatel Karev" are the biggest and the most significant vessels nowadays built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years.
Project MPSV07 was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj is to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m, and carrying out deep-sea diving works at the depth up to 300 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60 °C (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessels of MPSV07 project have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Sea Route. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Sea Route" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built due to Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the vessel of MPSV07 project are as follows:
Length overall is about 73.00 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 64.40 m;
Breadth overall is about 16.60 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is 15.50 m;
Design draught is 4.50 m;
Working draughts are 4.2-5.1 m.
The MPSV07 hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in experimental pools (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-circle rudder propellers were adopted as the movement and manoeuvre facilities of vessels "Spasatel Zaborschikov". Propellers with diameter of 2600 mm were made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by the propeller motor with capacity of 2265 kW. Rudder propellers provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 knots and bollard pull of about 75 tons.
The maximum speed achieved during trials was of 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the vessel of MPSV07 project is designed for ice class Arc 5, also the possibility of vessel operation at temperatures down to minus 40°C is provided.
Fuel stores are placed in deep-tanks in the area of ER. Tank capacity provides autonomy of the vessel for about 20 days in the mode of rescue and patrol duty.
Main diesel-electric power station consists of 4 diesel generators of alternate current of 690 V, 50 Hz with electric capacity of 1370 kW each.
The crew consists of 20 people; each of them is accommodated in a single cabin. For the captain, chief mate, chief engineer and head of the emergency party are provided block-cabins, consisting of office, saloon, bedroom and bathroom.
12 single cabins, each of them has an additional folding bed are provided for special crew accommodation (emergency party, divers and support personal for diving equipment, etc.). Also, there are 2 standby double cabins.
The accommodation of rescued people is foreseen in mess-rooms and also in additional beds at crew cabins. Also, there is 6-place hospital.
The total number men onboard is foreseen by 101. Individual and collective life-saving appliances are provided with a 50% reserve.
Roll damping system of Hoppe Company is foreseen for improving habitability parameters.
High-speed rescue boat with a capacity of 17 people, which is capable to develop speed up to 25 kn is provided for operative emergency party delivery to a emergency vessel. This boat operation is available till the 6 force seas. The boat is equipped with a hook of fast delivered type for engaging with the vessel crane. High-speed boat can perform hydrographic, surveying and search works apart from emergency team delivery. The boat is equipped with hydrographic sonar and side-scan sonar for this purpose.
The equipment provided for the mass people collecting from the water on the vessels of MPSV07 project is as follows:
• duty boat, equipped with the net for rising people out of the water;
• Viking life raft of marine evacuation system (MES) for the people collecting and the subsequent displacement people on board by the slide of MES;
• salvage facility for rising people out of the water on board with a capacity of 12 lying and sitting people;
• net with the length of 7 meters for rising people out of the water on board of Dacon Rigid Scrambling Net type (on each side of the vessel);
• stretchers for rising people out of the water on board of Spenser floating stretcher type.
For emergency evacuation, as well as for the delivery on board of additional personal (medical team, emergency party, etc.), two sites in the fore and aft ends are foreseen for the receiving / transferring cargoes on (from) helicopter. For rising people on the helicopter the special seating slings and stretchers are foreseen in the supply of the vessel.
Towage of emergency vessels, and also fulfillment marine towage of vessels is assumed by automatic double drum towing winch with a pull of 75 tons on the lower drum and 50 m on the upper drum. Moreover, the 75 t towing hook of disk-type with the remote electro / hydraulic release is foreseen. An auxiliary 10 t winch is provided for tightening of tow wire.
Loading containers with equipment and supplies on the vessel, transferring of ebb facilities for an emergency boat and fulfillment of other loading operations is ensured by two electro cargo overhung cranes with a lifting capacity of 20 tons and outreach of 15 m in the aft end of the main deck from the right and left sides. Truck cranes are capable for working at full lifting capacity in conditions of the open sea with the waves of up to 3 points.
Vessels of MPSV07 project are equipped with special water extinguishing systems, foam extinguishing and powder extinguishing, providing the possibility of emergency firefighting on vessels and shore facilities, accessible for approaching from the sea. Water or foam supply to the emergency object carries out through three hydraulic monitors with feeding of 1000 cub.m/h and length of the jet of 120 m set two on wheelhouse top and one on the top of the mast.
2 pumps with capacity of 1500 cub.m/h each are set to supply water to a special fire system with a drive from the main diesel generators. The water curtains system is foreseen to protect the vessel against effect of burning object.
The set of water discharging units are foreseen for pumping water from flooded compartments of emergency objects; the set includes as follows:
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 405 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible explosion-proof pumps with capacity of 103 cub.m/h each;
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 70 cub.m/h each;
• 2 portable ejectors with capacity of 69 cub.m/h each.
Diving systems are installed in container on vessels of the MPSV07 project, ensuring the fulfillment of works at depths up to 60 meters. The facility is located in two 20-foot containers installed on the main deck of the vessel. Divers' descent is fulfilled with help of diver ladder from vessel's deck when there is no ice. At ice conditions divers' descent is fulfilled through diving well in the middle part of the vessel. Facilities for underwater welding and cutting metal (electric welding, oxy-electric cutting), as well as a set of diving hydraulic tools of Stanley type are foreseen in diving equipment.
The system of dynamic positioning is foreseen for ensuring the keeping the vessel at the place during the diving operations, as well as during the working near drilling platforms. Vessel's keeping is provided with full-circle rudder propellers and two bow thrusters with capacity of 995 kW each. Bow thruster's propeller diameter is of 2000 mm.
The positioning of the vessel is provided by three DGPS systems, by two sonar systems and the system of "stretched rope". Stable keeping of the vessel at the place is possible till seas of force 4, the wind speed of 10 m/s and current speed of 3 kn.
Oil spills response is one of the main functions of MPSV07 project vessels. There are six tanks for oil collection with total capacity of 668 cub.m, and also the following equipment:
• board oil gathering system of LSC-5C/2800 type of LAMOR firm, ensuring cleaning of waters with waves of up to 3 meters;
• reel with heavy oil-protected booms with length of 250 m;
• reel with booms of constant floating with length of 250 m;
• brush type skimmer.
Diesel-hydraulic aggregate is provided for drive of the equipment of OSR.
Also 2 boom-handling boats with hinged bow ramp are located on the deck.
Remotely operated uninhabited deep-sea device Sperre SUB Fighter 7500 is provided in order to provide underwater search works except the diving equipment, and also a towed side-scan sonar of 4200 SP type, used at depths of up to 1000 m with an electro winch for cable-rope with length of about 3000 m is provided.
The keel of the lead MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" (building No. is 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and accepted for operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of the second vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. is 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and accepted for operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of the third vessel "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. is 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and accepted for operation on 17.12.2013.
The keel of the fourth vessel "Spasatel Demidov" (building No. is 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She was launched on 12.08.14 and accepted for operation on 04.12.15.