SDS08 marine diving vessel "Rostov Velikiy" participated in the oil spill exercises in the ports of Nakhodka
As to information of Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot, on 22.08.2017 multifunctional SDS08 marine diving vessel (MDV) "Rostov Velikiy" participated in the exercise according to oil spill eliminating at the basin of marine port of Nakhodka.
The exercise was carried out by the Primorsk Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot" together with LLC "Nayada" and the Nakhodka branch of JSC "Rosnefteflot" in order to try out Plan of oil spill prevention and eliminating for oil tankers of LLC "Nayada" at the basin of the ports of Far Eastern region(OSR plan).
From the side of the Primorsk Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot" set of forces took part in the exercise, as follows: SDS08 MDV "Rostov Velikiy", diving boat "VRD 1409", rescue formation team with special oil spill equipment.
The sufficiency of forces and means of emergency rescue teams of the Primorsk Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot", the Nakhodka branch of JSC "Rosnefteflot" and LLC "Nayada" was checked.
During the exercises the following items were worked out:
• the alarm and communication during work on eliminating of consequences of accidents;
• organization of deployment and cooperation of forces and means in accordance with the OSR Plan;
• organization of cooperation between Emergencies and Fire Safety Commission of LLC "Nayada" and the Primorsk Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot";
• cooperation between PRF (professional rescue formation) of Primorsk Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot", PRF of Nakhodka branch of JSC "Rosnefteflot" and non-regular RF of LLC "Nayad" during eliminating of emergencies consequences due to oil spill during the working activity of LLC "Nayada" vessels at the basin of the marine port of Nakhodka.
Exercises were worked out successfully, all aims were worked out and set tasks were fulfilled.
SDS08 " Rostov Velikiy " was built at Yaroslavl Shipyard in 2011 due to order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation.
SDS08 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
SDS08 marine diving vessel has Ice 2 class, inclined stem and transom aft end, long forecastle, deckhouse located fore. Vessel also has engine room located aft, diesel main engines, two controllable-pitch propellers and bow thruster. Her principal dimensions are as follows:
Length overall is 38.35 m;
Length between perpendiculars is 36.35 m;
Breadth overall is about 7,92 m;
Breadth (due waterline) is 7.70 m;
Design draught is 2.35 m;
Full speed is 12 kn.;
Economical speed is 8 kn.;
Main engines capacity is 2 x 442 kW;
Autonomy is 5 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class is KM Ice 2 R2 AUT3-C OMBO SDS>100.
Project considerably differs from existing similar vessels:
1) Diving equipment, mounted on vessel, allows carrying out diving and underwater works on depth till 100 m. There are no analogues of such equipment at existing vessels that are operated by State Maritime Salvage Department of RF;
2) Vessel can carry out fire extinguishing on other vessels and floating objects using two mechanical-foam stream nozzles;
3) Vessel is equipped by tug winch that allows carrying out tugging functions;
4) Vessel will provide oil spill response functions if boom and skimmer are placed onboard;
5) Vessel's characteristics and special equipment provide carrying out of diving salvage operations during sea state up to 3, and vessel can sail to the salvage place while waves' height is 7 m;
6) Two main high-speed engines with capacity of 442 kW each provide required vessel's running qualities, work to the variable-pitch propellers. Bow thruster with capacity of 120 kW is mounted for vessel's keeping at place of operational works;
7) Up-to-date remote-controlled underwater apparatus allow inspection of a sea-bottom, underwater part of ships' hull and rudder propellers of vessels, underwater part of waterside structures on depth till 100 m;
8) Equipment for underwater welding on depth till 25 m and underwater cutting on depth till 100 m is used for salvage operations, repair of underwater part of vessels, repair of hydraulic structures, carrying out of rescue operations. In addition, cargo lifting equipment allows lifting objects of weight till 2.0 t from depth till 100 m;
9) Vessel carries out water pumping from wrecking vessel's compartments and also pontoon air blow during participation in re-floating.
Diving equipment consists of:
• pressure chamber for 4 divers;
• diving half-cone with launching gauge;
• diving equipment with SUPERLITE helmet and DESCO ventilate helmet;
• diving equipment of universal "dry" type;
• divers' water-heater equipment;
• communication equipment;
• underwater illumination equipment;
• underwater television equipment;
• underwater welding/cutting equipment;
• hydraulic tools;
• pumping equipment;
• soil water-cut equipment;
• remote-controlled underwater apparatus;
• diving ladder.
Thereby, unique combination of equipment mounted on vessel, and also high-powered power plant allows carrying out almost any specialized works related to diving-technical works on depth till 100 m. In addition vessel can carry out fire extinguishing on other vessels using two mechanical-foam stream nozzles with capacity of 180 cub.m. per hour and carry out tug functions (ground-mooring-tug winch with force of 7 tons is mounted aft), pump water out from compartment of wrecking vessel, participate into oil spill operations. Such combination of functions is unique for vessel with length of 38 m only.
Keel of the lead SDS08 vessel "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" (building No. 201) was laid down on 28.08.2009. Vessel was launched on 12.08.2010 and accepted for operation on 25.10.2010.
Keel of the second vessel "Rostov Velikiy" (building No. 202) was laid down on 09.03.2010. She was launched on 21.04.2011 and accepted for operation on 30.05.2011.
Keel of the third vessel "Uglich" (building No. 203) was laid down on 16.03.2010. She was launched on 24.05.2011 and accepted for operation on 07.08.2011.
Keel of the fourth vessel "Rybinsk" (building No. 204) was laid down on 09.08.2011. She was launched on 19.06.2012 and accepted for operation on 15.08.2012.