4 MW multipurpose rescue vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" of MPSV07 prj. participated in exercises at the region of semi-submersible oil rig "HAKURYU-5" at
As to information from Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot, 4 MW multipurpose MPSV07 rescue vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" participated in the complex firefighting and oil spill exercises of the LLE "Gazprom Neft Sakhalin" at the region of semi-submersible oil rig "HAKURYU - 5" at the northeastern shelf of is. Sakhalin.
Exercises were carried out within starting procedure of the Oil Spill Response Plan.
Forces and equipment of the rescue formation of Sakhalin Branch of the FBE "Marine Salvage Service of RosMorRechFlot" including: MPSV07 rescue vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin", duty traffic manager department, rescue formation, oil spill equipment.
The following elements were tried out during exercises:
• cooperation during extreme situation eliminating;
• booms arrangement;
• formation of the oil recovery team;
• usage of oil recovery system;
• firefighting at the emergency vessel by help of the rescue vessel's monitors.
All aims were worked out and set tasks were fulfilled.
Exercise participants have got fine grade from leaders of the LLE "Gazprom Neft Sakhalin", representatives of RosPrirodaNadzor and FSBE "Administration of marine ports of Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka".
"Spasatel Kavdeykin" is a unique multifunctional rescue vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built at Russian shipyard due to the order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot. 4 vessels of the "Spasatel Karev" type are the biggest and the most significant vessels nowadays built at the expense of funds of the Federal Target Program for the Development of transport system of Russia for 2010-2015 years.
MPSV07 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj. is to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency rescue duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• provide technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• provide assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessels of MPSV07 project have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing through the Northern Sea Route. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Sea Route" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuels, oils and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built due to Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the MPSV07 vessel are as follows:
Length overall is about 73.00 m.
Length between perpendiculars is 64.40 m.
Breadth overall is about 16.60 m.
Breadth (due waterline) is 15.50 m.
Design draught is 4.50 m.
Working draughts are 4.2-5.1 m.
The MPSV07 hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in towing tanks (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-turned rudder propellers (FRP) were accepted as the movement and manoeuvre units of vessels. Propellers of diameter 2600 mm are made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by propulsion motor with capacity of 2265 kW. FRPs provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 kn and bollard pull of about 75 t.
The maximum speed achieved during trials was of 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the MPSV07 vessel is designed for ice class Arc 5, possibility of the vessel's operation at temperatures down to minus 40°C is provided.
Main diesel-electric power station consists of 4 diesel generators of alternate current of 690 V/ 50 Hz, with electric capacity of 1370 kW each.
High-speed rescue boat with a capacity of 17 people, which is capable to reach speed up to 25 kn is provided for operative emergency party delivery to an emergency vessel. This boat operation is available till the force 6 seas. The boat is equipped with fast delivered type hook for engaging with the vessel crane. Except emergency team delivery, high-speed boat can perform hydrographic, surveying and search works; the boat is equipped with hydrographic sonar and side-scan sonar for such purposes.
The equipment provided for the mass people collecting from the water on the vessels of MPSV07 prj. is as follows:
• duty boat, equipped with the net for rising people out of the water;
• Viking life raft of marine evacuation system (MES) for the people collecting and the subsequent transferring people on board by the MES slide;
• salvage appliance for rising people out of the water on board the vessel with capacity of 12 lying or 25 sitting people;
• net with the length of 7 meters for rising people out of the water on board of Dacon Rigid Scrambling Net type (on each side of the vessel);
• stretchers for rising people out of the water on board of Spenser floating stretcher type.
Two areas in the fore and aft ends of the vessel are foreseen for the receiving / transferring cargoes to (from) helicopter in order to provide emergency evacuation, as well as delivery on board of additional personal (medical team, emergency party, etc.). Special seating slings and stretchers are foreseen in the vessel's supply for rising people into the helicopter.
Towage of emergency vessels, and also fulfillment marine towage of vessels is assumed by automatic double drum towing winch with a pull of 75 tons on the lower drum and 50 m on the upper drum. Moreover, the 75 t towing hook of disk-type with the remote electro/hydraulic release is foreseen. An auxiliary 10 t winch is provided for tightening of tow wire.
Loading containers with equipment and supply on board the vessel, transferring of pumping equipment to an emergency vessel and fulfillment of other loading operations is ensured by two electro-hydraulic cargo console cranes with of lifting capacity 20 t and outreach of 15 m in the aft end of the main deck PS and StB. Cargo cranes are capable for working at full capacity in open sea conditions up to force 3.
MPSV07 vessels are equipped with special water, foam and powder extinguishing systems, providing the possibility of firefighting on emergency vessels and shore facilities, accessible from the marine side. Water or foam supply to the emergency object carries out through three hydraulic monitors with output of 1000 m³/h and jet length of 120 m; two monitors are placed on wheelhouse roof and one is placed on the top of the mast.
2 pumps with capacity of 1500 m³/h each are foreseen to supply water to a special fire system; pumps are driven from the main diesel generators. The water curtains system is foreseen to protect the vessel against effect of burning object.
The set of water discharging units are foreseen for pumping water from flooded compartments of emergency objects; the set includes as follows:
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 405 m³/h each;
• 2 submersible explosion-proof pumps with capacity of 103 m³/h each;
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 70 m³/h each;
• 2 portable ejectors with capacity of 69 m³/h each.
MPSV07 vessels have diving container complexes on board, they provide fulfillment of works at depths up to 60 meters. Equipment is located in two TEU installed on the main deck. Divers' entering into the water is fulfilled with help of diver ladder from vessel's deck when there is no ice. At ice conditions divers' entering into the water is fulfilled through diving well in the middle part of the vessel. Equipment for underwater welding and cutting of metals (electric welding, oxy-electric cutting), as well as a set of diving hydraulic tools of Stanley type are foreseen in diving set.
The system of dynamic positioning is foreseen for ensuring the keeping the vessel at place during the diving operations, as well as during the working near drilling platforms. Vessel's keeping is provided with full-circle rudder propellers and two bow thrusters with capacity of 995 kW each. Bow thruster's propeller diameter is of 2000 mm.
The positioning of the vessel is provided by three DGPS systems, by two sonar systems and the system of "stretched rope". Stable keeping of the vessel at the place is possible till seas of force 4, the wind speed of 10 m/s and current speed of 3 kn.
Oil spills response is one of the main functions of MPSV07 project vessels. There are six tanks for oil collection with total capacity of 668 m³, and also the following equipment:
• on-board oil gathering system of LSC-5C/2800 type of LAMOR firm, ensuring cleaning of water are while waves are less than 3 m;
• reel with heavy oil-protected booms of length 250 m;
• reel with booms of constant floating of length 250 m;
• brush type skimmer.
Diesel-hydraulic aggregate is provided for drive of the oil spill equipment.
Also 2 boom-handling crafts with hinged bow ramp are located on the vessel's deck.
Except the diving equipment, remotely operated uninhabited deep-sea apparatus Sperre SUB Fighter 7500 is provided in order to provide underwater search works. Also a towed side-scan sonar of 4200 SP type is provided; it is used at depths of up to 1000 m with an electro winch for cable-rope with length of about 3000 m.
The keel of the lead MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" (building No. 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and accepted for operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of the second vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and accepted for operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of the third vessel "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and accepted for operation on 17.12.2013.
The keel of the fourth vessel "Spasatel Demidov" (building No. 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She was launched on 12.08.14 and accepted for operation on 04.12.15.