4 MW multipurpose rescue vessel "Spasatel Demidov" of MPSV07 prj. investigated region "Tuapse deflection" with help of apparatus "Quasar" at the depth
As to information from Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot, 4 MW multipurpose MPSV07 rescue vessel "Spasatel Demidov" provided investigation works at the licensed region "Tuapse deflection" with help of remotely operated uninhabited underwater apparatus SMD Quasar MKII.
Works were carried out by FBE "Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot" together with LLE "MG-Service" (Prime contractor) in the interests of OJSE "Oil Company "RosNeft" (Customer).
Quasar MKII is intended for search-investigated and technical underwater works at the depth up to 3000 m.
Area of earth bowels region "Tuapse deflection" is of 11.2 thousand of km2 while depth is 40-2100 m; from the point of view of marine deposits development, it is considered as extra-deep. During seismic prospecting, more than 33 perspective structures were revealed in the region. The license region possesses rich resource base; a number of structures with potential extractive resources of about 120 million tons of oil are prepared for drilling within boundaries of this region.
During the technical underwater works carried out at depth of about 1980 m, the following activity took place:
• the specialized frame for launching device (17 t) and winch (more than 30 t) from Quasar MKII complex was constructed and mounted;
• mobilization / demobilization of the equipment was carried out; test of the launching device and winch together with cable-wire under loading (8 t) were fulfilled;
• sea bottom profiling by multibeam sonar and side-scan sonar was carried out;
• preliminary data processing was done as well as bathymetrical fixing of sea bottom, the analysis of the data and definition of strange objects' coordinates;
• visual survey of the found objects and roughness of sea bottom was fulfilled;
• inspection of grounds for planned drilling and a zone of fluid (gas) unloading was executed;
• taking probes of sea-floor sediments, water and fluid (gas) at investigated grounds was done.
"Spasatel Demidov" is a unique multifunctional rescue vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built at Russian shipyard due to the order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of Marine Rescue Service of RosMorRechFlot.
MPSV07 prj. was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction salvage vessel of MPSV07 prj. is to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency rescue duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• provide technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• provide assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60°C;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
Vessels of MPSV07 project have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing through the Northern Sea Route. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Sea Route" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuels, oils and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
The vessel was built due to Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation of KM Arc 5 AUT1-ICS OMBO FF3WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Principal dimensions of the MPSV07 vessel are as follows:
Length overall is about 73.00 m.
Length between perpendiculars is 64.40 m.
Breadth overall is about 16.60 m.
Breadth (due waterline) is 15.50 m.
Design draught is 4.50 m.
Working draughts are 4.2-5.1 m.
The MPSV07 hull's form was created using the methods of computational fluid dynamics (CFD modeling) with carrying out of the subsequent test model trials in towing tanks (deep-sea and ice ones). Full-turned rudder propellers (FRP) were accepted as the movement and manoeuvre units of vessels. Propellers of diameter 2600 mm are made of stainless steel. Drive of each FRP is provided by propulsion motor with capacity of 2265 kW. FRPs provide the speed of the vessel not less than 15 kn and bollard pull of about 75 t.
The maximum speed achieved during trials was of 15.6 knots.
The hull and rudder-propeller complex of the MPSV07 vessel is designed for ice class Arc 5, possibility of the vessel's operation at temperatures down to minus 40°C is provided.
It must be noted that ice trials of the lead MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" has been carried out in the Gulf of Finland in 2013.
The following items were tested during the trials:
• through ice running at the forward speed;
• through ice running at the back speed while moving in own canal;
• ability of vessel's turning by execution turning circle manoeuvre through plane ice during forward movement;
• through ice running at the forward speed through cohesive single-year ice.
Due to the tests' results it was accepted that the vessel fully meets the Rules' Arc 5 requirements, such as design ice-passing requirements for cohesive plane ice, as follows:
• vessel has speed of 3.5 kn during forward movement through cohesive plane ice of 45-50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 3.2 kn during back movement through own canal at 40% capacity of propulsion motors;
• vessel has speed of 9.1 kn during forward movement through cohesive single-year ice of about 50 cm thickness at 70% capacity of propulsion motors.
Turning circle manoeuvre was carried out in order to test ability of vessel's turning through plane ice. The manoeuvre was fulfilled at 70% capacity of propulsion motors while ice was of cohesive plane type with thickness of about 45 cm. Rudder angle during the manoeuvre was of 15°, manoeuvre diameter was about 450 m.
Overcoming of ice fields' junction during movement through cohesive single-year ice was fulfilled without speed decreasing.
Main diesel-electric power station consists of 4 diesel generators of alternate current of 690 V/ 50 Hz, with electric capacity of 1370 kW each.
High-speed rescue boat with a capacity of 17 people, which is capable to reach speed up to 25 kn is provided for operative emergency party delivery to an emergency vessel. This boat operation is available till the force 6 seas. The boat is equipped with fast delivered type hook for engaging with the vessel crane. Except emergency team delivery, high-speed boat can perform hydrographic, surveying and search works; the boat is equipped with hydrographic sonar and side-scan sonar for such purposes.
The equipment provided for the mass people collecting from the water on the vessels of MPSV07 prj. is as follows:
• duty boat, equipped with the net for rising people out of the water;
• Viking life raft of marine evacuation system (MES) for the people collecting and the subsequent transferring people on board by the MES slide;
• salvage appliance for rising people out of the water on board the vessel with capacity of 12 lying or 25 sitting people;
• net with the length of 7 meters for rising people out of the water on board of Dacon Rigid Scrambling Net type (on each side of the vessel);
• stretchers for rising people out of the water on board of Spenser floating stretcher type.
Two areas in the fore and aft ends of the vessel are foreseen for the receiving / transferring cargoes to (from) helicopter in order to provide emergency evacuation, as well as delivery on board of additional personal (medical team, emergency party, etc.). Special seating slings and stretchers are foreseen in the vessel's supply for rising people into the helicopter.
Towage of emergency vessels, and also fulfillment marine towage of vessels is assumed by automatic double drum towing winch with a pull of 75 tons on the lower drum and 50 m on the upper drum. Moreover, the 75 t towing hook of disk-type with the remote electro/hydraulic release is foreseen. An auxiliary 10 t winch is provided for tightening of tow wire.
Loading containers with equipment and supply on board the vessel, transferring of pumping equipment to an emergency vessel and fulfillment of other loading operations is ensured by two electro-hydraulic cargo console cranes with of lifting capacity 20 t and outreach of 15 m in the aft end of the main deck PS and StB. Cargo cranes are capable for working at full capacity in open sea conditions up to force 3.
MPSV07 vessels are equipped with special water, foam and powder extinguishing systems, providing the possibility of firefighting on emergency vessels and shore facilities, accessible from the marine side. Water or foam supply to the emergency object carries out through three hydraulic monitors with output of 1000 m³/h and jet length of 120 m; two monitors are placed on wheelhouse roof and one is placed on the top of the mast.
2 pumps with capacity of 1500 m³/h each are foreseen to supply water to a special fire system; pumps are driven from the main diesel generators. The water curtains system is foreseen to protect the vessel against effect of burning object.
The set of water discharging units are foreseen for pumping water from flooded compartments of emergency objects; the set includes as follows:
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 405 m³/h each;
• 2 submersible explosion-proof pumps with capacity of 103 m³/h each;
• 2 submersible pumps with capacity of 70 m³/h each;
• 2 portable ejectors with capacity of 69 m³/h each.
MPSV07 vessels have diving container complexes on board, they provide fulfillment of works at depths up to 60 meters. Equipment is located in two TEU installed on the main deck. Divers' entering into the water is fulfilled with help of diver ladder from vessel's deck when there is no ice. At ice conditions divers' entering into the water is fulfilled through diving well in the middle part of the vessel. Equipment for underwater welding and cutting of metals (electric welding, oxy-electric cutting), as well as a set of diving hydraulic tools of Stanley type are foreseen in diving set.
The system of dynamic positioning is foreseen for ensuring the keeping the vessel at place during the diving operations, as well as during the working near drilling platforms. Vessel's keeping is provided with full-circle rudder propellers and two bow thrusters with capacity of 995 kW each. Bow thruster's propeller diameter is of 2000 mm.
The positioning of the vessel is provided by three DGPS systems, by two sonar systems and the system of "stretched rope". Stable keeping of the vessel at the place is possible till seas of force 4, the wind speed of 10 m/s and current speed of 3 kn.
Oil spills response is one of the main functions of MPSV07 project vessels. There are six tanks for oil collection with total capacity of 668 m³, and also the following equipment:
• on-board oil gathering system of LSC-5C/2800 type of LAMOR firm, ensuring cleaning of water are while waves are less than 3 m;
• reel with heavy oil-protected booms of length 250 m;
• reel with booms of constant floating of length 250 m;
• brush type skimmer.
Diesel-hydraulic aggregate is provided for drive of the oil spill equipment.
Also 2 boom-handling crafts with hinged bow ramp are located on the vessel's deck.
Except the diving equipment, remotely operated uninhabited deep-sea apparatus Sperre SUB Fighter 7500 is provided in order to provide underwater search works. Also a towed side-scan sonar of 4200 SP type is provided; it is used at depths of up to 1000 m with an electro winch for cable-rope with length of about 3000 m.
The keel of the lead MPSV07 vessel "Spasatel Karev" (building No. 701) was laid down on 22.09.2009. She was launched on 23.11.10 and accepted for operation on 25.10.12.
The keel of the second vessel "Spasatel Kavdeykin" (building No. 702) was laid down on 06.04.2010. She was launched on 29.07.11 and accepted for operation on 19.07.13.
The keel of the third vessel "Spasatel Zaborschikov" (building No. 703) was laid down on 17.05.2010. She was launched on 22.06.12 and accepted for operation on 17.12.2013.
The keel of the fourth vessel "Spasatel Demidov" (building No. 704) was laid down on 25.04.2013. She was launched on 12.08.14 and accepted for operation on 04.12.15.