005RST01 river-sea tanker "Azeri Karabakh" of Palmali Group of Companies renews transportation of the Turkmen oil through Makhachkala port
Due to the statement of ITAR-TASS, 005RST01 "Volgo-Don Max" type river-sea tanker "Azeri Karabakh" of Palmali Group of Companies renews transportation of the Turkmen oil through Makhachkala Marine Trading Port stop. Assistant of the Port General Director Alik Abdulgamidov told about this on the Thursday: "Till the midday (on the Wednesday) more than 6000 tons of oil were discharged from the vessel to the tanks of the OJSE "Dagnefteproduct". In the evening one more tanker with the Turkmen oil have arrived.
According to information of the First Deputy of the Port General Director Murad Khidirov, not less than 50 thousand tons of the Turkmen oil should be transshipped through the port during the month due to awarded contract. It is supposed that this transshipment capacity will grow by 4-5 times and exceed more than 200 thousand tons.
The tanker "Azeri Karabakh" belongs to the first Armada series. She was built in 2005.
Until now Armada concept is a bright example of the innovation approach that fully ensured its validness and repay itself. There is list of FIRST TIME used at Armada concept ideas, as follows:
1. Full-circle rudder propellers were used as single movement and manoeuvre unit at mixed river-sea going vessels.
2. Heavy fuel oil was used.
3. Block coefficient of 0.9 was accepted.
4. There are no longitudinal CL bulkheads in cargo area while MARPOL requirements due to double hull (i.e. double sides and bottom) are fully meet.
5. Full absence of a framing in cargo tanks.
6. Submergible cargo pumps usage.
7. Over deck construction (trunk) is used; it increases cargo tanks' capacity and ensures overall strength.
It was THE FIRST newbuilding project designed by Marine Engineering Bureau. It was started as the series one from the very beginning; 10 tankers of 005RST01 prj. were built in 2002-2006.
Vessels belong to tankers of "Volgo-Don Max" class. Deadweight is of 4726 t in river (draught of 3.6 m) and 6444 t in sea (draught of 4.30 m).
Overall length is 138.70 m.
Scantling length is 132.80 m.
Overall breadth is 16.76 m.
Breadth is 16.50 m.
Depth is 6.00 m.
Trunk's height is 1.00 m.
Total capacity of 6 cargo tanks is 7196 m³.
Autonomy is 15 days.
Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping class notation is KM Ice1 R2 AUT1 oil/chemical tanker type 2 (vegetable oil) (ESP).
ME capacity is 2 x 1080 kW.
Speed is 12.0 kn.
Crew/places are 10/14.
Number of cargo segregations is 3.
Cargo pumps are 6 x 150 m³/h.
A lot of vessels was built on the basis of the first Armada series:
• 006RSD05 series of 8 dry cargo vessels (the same hull), "Heydar Aliev" type, Palmali Group of Companies is a customer (Volgograd Shipyard, 2004-2007);
• 006RSD02 dry cargo vessel (the same hull), "Nadezhda" type (Oks Shipyard, 2008);
• RST22 series of 7 tankers, New Armada type, Palmali Group of Companies is a customer ("Krasnoe Sormovo" Shipyard, 2008-2009);
• RST22M series of 14 tankers, New Armada type, Palmali Group of Companies is a customer (Besiktash Yalova Shipyard, Turkter Tuzla Shipyard, Armada Izmit Shipyard, 2010-2015).
• 005RSD03 series of 12 dry cargo vessels (Armada truncated hull), "Karelia" type, OJSE "BOP" is a customer (Onega Shipyard, 2005-2010).
It is interesting to highlight that during 15-years of active operational in very different conditions (river sailing; Caspian, Black, Mediterranean, Baltic and North Seas, etc.) the first Armadas have no problems with full-circle rudder propellers. Vessels' hulls are in ideal condition (transported cargoes were crude oil, mazut, diesel oil and other petroleum products, vegetable oils).