History of the company
The official registration date of non-state engineering organization Marine Engineering Bureau is March, 23, 1995. Bureau has been created by group of young scientific employees from shipbuilding faculty of the Odessa National Marine University (former Odessa Institute of Marine Fleet Engineers) with the purpose of usage their own knowledge in sphere of ship structural design and seakeeping characteristics.
From the moment of creation Bureau has made the way from the small firm engaged in calculation tasks on the ships' hull and scientific researches under orders of classification societies only up to organization that are able to carry out practically the whole spectrum of engineering works for shipping and shipbuilding industries.
Russian company Marine Engineering Bureau - SPb was established in the March of 2000 at the St.Petersburg. An agreement concerning strategic cooperation was concluded with this company in order to carry out mutual efforts to advance Marine Engineering Bureau brand to the market. Results of friendly design companies' cooperation are shown on the mutual web site.
From the early beginning the highly professional developments and engineering solutions done by Marine Engineering Bureau have got recognition and support of leading experts of the Russian Marine Register of Shipping.
From 1998 workings and scientific contacts with Russian River Register were greatly strengthen. These contacts became wider every year that provided the efficiency of work increase of river-going fleet of Russia.
Work with Gosflotnadzor of Ukraine, and then with the Ukraine Register of Shipping as its successor, has entirely been oriented to a support of native ship-owners including life extension of existing fleet.
Since May, 2000 Marine Engineering Bureau has been started works of a new direction of development and support of basic, classification, technical and technical-working projects of modern vessels of new types. 330 sea-going and river-sea going vessels were built due to 96 projects designed by Marine Engineering Bureau for the period from 2000 till May of 2018. Moreover, 11 vessels were on finished building stage after launching and more than 30 vessels were on building berths of shipyards.
There were put into operation:
- 119 river, river-sea and restricted sailing area dry-cargo vessels of such types as "Pola Makariya", "Neva-Leader", "Geroi Stalingrada", "Heydar Aliev", "Mirzaga Khalilov", "Caspian Express", "Azov Max", "Karelia", "Chelsea", "Khazar", "Nadezhda", "Tanais", "Sviatoj Georgiy", "Ommax", "Ptich", "Port Olya", "Leda", "Ediniy" etc;
- 118 product tankers, chemical/oil tankers and bunkering tankers of such types as "Balt-Flot", "VF Tanker", "Alexander Shemagin", "Armada", "New Armada", "Aston", "Paloil", "Roschem", "Kazan", "Ecomariner", "Rassvet", "MN", "Belmax", "Svyatoj Knyaz Vladimir" etc;
- 21 ocean going dry-cargo vessels of such types as "EMI Proud", "Amethyst", "Sparta", "Saxona", "Scala", "Eren-C", "Kaya Pioneer";
- 10 multifunctional salvage vessels: multifunctional ocean 7 MW salvage vessels/icebreakers of "Beringov Proliv" type with Icebreaker 6 class, multifunctional ocean 4 MW salvage vessels of "Spasatel Karev" type with Arc5 Arctic ice class, multifunctional sea diving vessels of "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" type;
- 9 shallow-draught icebreaking tugs of "Portoviy" type, transport supply tugs for Caspian Sea of "Phoenix" type, firefighting tug "Penay", ship-handling tug "Bulbash";
- 8 train ferries of such types as "Petrovsk", "Skif", "Avangard", "Baltiysk", "Slavyanin" and "Ulfat";
- 7 combined bunker-tankers of "Balt Flot" type;
- 7 bulk carriers of such types as "Grumant", "OBAHAN-C", "BEHCET-C";
- 6 vessels: ro-ro supply vessels for Kamchatka of "Sosnovka" type and sea dry-cargo platform vessels of "Andrey Artemenko" type;
- 4 livestock carriers;
- 4 multipurpose buoy-laying vessels of "Dmitriy Sirotkin", "Ladozhskiy" and "Viktor Kuskov" types;
- 2 river ecologic vessels of "Ecolog-1" type;
- 2 non-propelled scows with self-opening hull of "KSH-1" type;
- multifunctional salvage-rescue catamaran of "Igor Ilyin" type;
- LPG gas carrier of "Bulmarket" type;
- river passenger cruise vessel of "Alexander Grin" type;
- high-comfortable river-sea cruise passenger vessel "Shtandart";
- car-passenger ferry of "Nikolay Aksenenko" type;
- short sea cruise vessel for Russian Black Sea coast of "Imperia" type; pleasure banquet vessel of "Sochi" type; coastal navigation running boats "Neva", "Bars" and "Caucasus" for VIP passengers;
- heliport pontoon / berth of "Victoria Regia" type, double-sections berth of "PRP-4" type, special technologic pontoon for icebreaker.
This moment MEB vessels are under building: train-car-passenger ferries for Caspian sea, designed for Caspian conditions oil product/chemical tankers, 310-places cruise passenger river-sea vessel of PV300VD project assigned also for Caspian cruises, multifunctional arctic salvage tugboats with Arc 5 Arctic ice class, multifunctional ocean 4 MW salvage vessel with Arc5 Arctic ice class, multifunctional 22 MW ice-breaker / supply vessels with Icebreaker 8 ice class, full-freezer trawlers for Northern Atlantic and Barents Sea, car-train / passenger ferries with possibility of carrying dangerous goods with ice category Arc5 for Vanino-Kholmsk ferry line, multipurpose buoy-laying vessels, river cruise passenger vessel with capacity of 342 passengers, raid transshipment complexes with cargo hold of 4600 cub.m. capacity and 35 t crane capacity of each, vessel-museum for Baku port based on "three-island" tanker of old type, modern sea and river-sea dry-cargo vessels and oil tankers and row of other innovative vessels.
Vessels due to Bureau's projects were built or are under construction at:
- Neva Shipyard (Shlisselburg);
- Vyborg Shipyard;
- Oka Shipyard (Navashino);
- Krasnoe Sormovo Shipyard (Nizhniy Novgorod);
- Baku Shipyard;
- Zykh Shipbuilding and Shiprepair plant (Azerbaijan);
- Admiralty Shipyard;
- Lotos Shipyard (Astrakhan);
- Brothers Nobel Shipyard (Rubinsk) / Vympel (Rubinsk);
- Amur Shipyard;
- Sosnovka Shipyard;
- Yaroslavl Shipyard;
- Moscow Shipyard;
- Nefteflot Shipyard (Samara);
- Nizhegorodskiy Teplokhod Shipyard (Bor);
- Borremflot Shipyard (Oktyabrskiy);
- Pamyat Parizhskoy komuni Shipyard;
- Onega Shipyard (Petrozavodsk);
- Balakovskiy Shipbuilding and Shiprepair plant;
- Volgograd Shipyard;
- Volga Shipyard;
- Kherson Shipyard;
- Kherson Shipbuilding and Shiprepair plant named for Komintern, Ukrrechflot branch;
- Kiliya Shipbuilding and Shiprepair plant;
- Tersan Shipyard;
- Beshiktash Shipyard;
- Turkter Shipyard;
- Yardimci Shipyard;
- Armada Shipyard;
- Selah Shipyard;
- Ada Shipyard;
- Nordic Yards Werft (Wismar, Germany);
- Qingdao Hyundai Shipbuilding Co. (Qingdao, China);
- Hengyu Shipyard (China);
- Damen Yichang Shipyard (China),
In working process Marine Engineering Bureau specialists carry out continuous scientific inquiry with subsequent creation of "line-ups" of main characteristics of vessels and solution of external design task for floating objects of different types and functionality that allows to increase overall performance and competitiveness of design products with taking into account interests of clients and world tendencies of development of the ship-building industry.
Bureau carries out works for:
Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency of Russian Federation Ministry of Transport;
- Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company;
- United Shipbuilding Corporation;
- Marine Rescue Service (Morspassluzhba);
- Universal Cargo Logistics Transport Holding (Volga Shipping Company, North-West Shipping Company, VF Tanker, Oka Shipyard);
- BF Tanker, Pola Group, Belmax Shipping Company;
- Moscow River Shipping Company;
- North West Fishing Consortium;
- Russian Fishery Company;
- Palmali Group of Companies;
- Albros Company;
- Volgotrans Shipping Company;
- Lena United River Shipping Company;
- Sakhalin Shipping Company;
- Amur Shipping Company;
- Black Sea Shipping Management Company;
- Ukrrechflot Shipping Company;
- Ukraine Danube Shipping Company,
and many others.
During the life-time the number of Bureau's regular employees has increased from 4 to 98 ones. The staff continuously improves skills with full assistance from the management to development, creative and production activity, including development of new and improvement of existing technologies of design, development of own software products for design.