History of the company
The official registration date of non-state engineering organization "Marine Engineering Bureau" is March, 23, 1995. Bureau has been created by group of young scientific employees from shipbuilding faculty of the Odessa National Marine University (former OIEMF) with the purpose of usage their own knowledge in sphere which fully complied with their views on life and activity.
From the moment of birth Bureau has passed a way from the small firm engaged in calculation tasks on the ships' hull and scientific researches under orders of classification societies only, up to organization that are able to carry out practically the whole spectrum of engineering works for shipping and shipbuilding industries.
Russian company "Marine Engineering Bureau - SPb" was established in the March of 2000 at the St.Petersburg. An agreement concerning strategic cooperation was concluded with this company in order to carry out mutual efforts to advance "Marine Engineering Bureau" brand to the market. Results of friendly design companies' cooperation are shown on the mutual web site.
From the early beginning the highly professional developments and engineering solutions done by "Marine Engineering Bureau" have got recognition and support of leading experts of the Russian Marine Register of Shipping.
From 1998 workings and scientific contacts with Russian River Register were greatly strengthen. These contacts became wider every year that provided the efficiency of work increase of river-going fleet of Russia.
Work with Gosflotnadzor of Ukraine, and then with the Ukraine Register of Shipping as its successor, has entirely been oriented to a support of native ship-owners including development of national Rules of classification and a building of vessels of various types.
Since May, 2000 "Marine Engineering Bureau" has been started works of a new direction of development and support of basic, classification, technical and technical-working projects of modern vessels of new types.
298 sea-going and river-sea going vessels were built due to 82 projects designed by Marine Engineering Bureau for the period from 2000 till beginning of 2016. Moreover, 8 vessels are under finished building stage after launching and more than 20 vessels are on building berths of shipyards.
There were put into operation:
- 3 multifunctional ocean-going 4 MW salvage vessels of "Spasatel Karev" type with Arc5 Arctic ice class;;
- 1 unique combined platform tanker with record river deadweight 5745 t "Balt Flot" type (9 more vessels are in building process);
- 76 tankers, chemical/oil tankers and bunkering tankers of such types as "Armada", "New Armada", "VF Tanker", "Alexander Shemagin", "Paloil", "Aston", "Roschem", "Kazan", "Ecomariner", "Rassvet", etc.;
- 86 river, river-sea and restricted marine regions dry cargo vessels of such types as "Heydar Aliev", "Mirzaga Khalilov", "Caspian Express", "Azov Max", "Karelia", "Chelsea", "Khazar", "Nadezhda", "Tanais", "Geroi Stalingrada", "Sviatoj Georgiy", "Ommax", "Ptich", "Port Olya", "Leda", "Neva-Leader", etc.;
- 21 ocean dry cargo vessels of such types as "EMI Proud", "Amethyst", "Sparta", "Saxona", "Scala", "Eren-C", "Kaya Pioneer";
- 8 train ferryboats of such types as "Petrovsk", "Skif", "Avangard", "Baltiysk", "Slavyanin" and "Ulfat";
- 7 bulk carriers of such types as "Grumant", "OBAHAN-C", "BEHCET-C";
- 4 livestock carriers;
- 4 marine diving vessels of "Stolniy Grad Yaroslavl" type;
- 4 small draught icebreaking tugs of "Portoviy" type;
- 4 supply platform vessels with fore ramp for Kamchatka of "Sosnovka" type;
- 3 supply tugs for Caspian Sea of "Phoenix" type;
- 3 multipurpose buoy-laying vessels of "Dmitriy Sirotkin" and "Ladozhskiy" types;
- 2 non-self-propelled scows with self-opening hull of "KSH-1" type;
- 2 marine dry cargo platform vessels of "Andrey Artemenko" type;
- automobile-passenger ferryboat of "Nikolay Aksenenko" type;
- LPG gas carrier of "Bulmarket" type;
- river passenger cruise vessel "Alexander Grin";
- coastal passenger vessel for Black Sea "Imperia";
- coastal navigation running boats "Neva", "Bars" and "Caucasus";
- ship-handling tugboat "Bulbash".
This moment a lot of vessels are under building, e.g.: multifunctional ice-breaker 7 MW and 4MW salvage vessels; 2 bulk ecologic vessels of "Ecolog-1" type, river-sea buoy vessel, arctic supply tanker of "Academic Pashin" type, unique combined tanker-platforms of "BF Tanker" type, high comfortable PV09 cruise river passenger vessel, river cruise passenger vessel of "Il'ych" type, up-to-date marine and river-sea dry cargo vessels and tankers of such types as "Svyatoy knyaz Vladimir", "Gloster", "Novaya Armada", "Alexander Shimagin", "VF Tanker", "Neva Leader", "Ediniy", "Azovskiy pyatitysyachnil" and some other innovation vessels.
Vessels due to Bureau's projects that were built or are under building at Russian Federation:
- Neva Shipyard (Shlisselburg);
- Sosnovka Shipyard;
- Krasnoe Sormovo Shipyard (Nizhniy Novgorod);
- Oka Shipyard (Navashino);
- Yaroslavl Shipyard;
- Moscow Shipyard / Brothers Nobel Shipyard (Rubinsk);
- Lotos Shipyard (Astrakhan);
- Nizhegorodskiy Teplokhod Shipyard (Bor);
- Borremflot Shipyard (Oktyabrskiy);
- Pamyat Parizhskoy komuni Shipyard;
- Onega Shipyard (Petrozavodsk);
- Amur Shipyard;
- Volga Shipyard;
- Bekshiktash Shipyard (Tuzla);
- Turkter Shipyard (Tuzla);
- Yardimci Shipyard (Tuzla);
- Armada Shipyard (Izmir);
and at some other shipyards.
In working process Marine Engineering Bureau specialists carry out continuous scientific inquiry with subsequent creation of "line ups" of main characteristics of vessels and solution of external design task for floating objects of different types and functionality that allows to increase overall performance and competitiveness of design products with taking into account interests of clients and world tendencies of development of the ship-building industry is carried out.
Bureau carries out works for state customers, such as Maritime and River Fleet Federal Agency of Russian Federation Ministry of Transport, FSUE "ROSMORPORT" and for leading native shipowners such as:
- Universal Cargo Logistics Transport Holding (Volga-Balt Company, North-West Shipping Company, Volgoflot, VF tanker, Neva Shipyard, Borremflot, "Oka" Shipyard);
- Moscow River Shipping Company;
- Palmali Group of Companies;
- Volgotrans Shipping Company;
- Lena United River Shipping Company;
- North Shipping Company;
- Transkor Corporation (Anship Company);
- Aston Company;
- Ug Rusi Company;
- OMS Shipping Company;
- Blue Wave Shipping Company;
- ARK Shipping Company;
- Black Sea Shipping Management Company;
- Marship Company;
- Ukrrechflot Shipping Company;
- United Cargo Fleet Company
and many others.
During the life-time the number of Bureau's regular employees has increased from 4 to 98 ones. The staff continuously improves skills with full assistance from the management to development, creative and production activity, including development of new and improvement of existing technologies of design, development of own software products for design.